Help with verdigris on old copper coin

19cbb

Nov 16, 2012
Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi guys,
Need help on getting rid of verdigris on this 1814 south american copper coin.
It's not an expensive coin, just want to save it from a sure death to this green thing.
Don't have access to hobby products or electrolysis, just toothpicks, brushes, vinegar, olive oil and the likes... :tongue3:
Thanks!!

ezgif-4-dcb7e73140.jpg
ezgif-4-d58c4147df.jpg

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys,
Need help on getting rid of verdigris on this 1814 south american copper coin.
It's not an expensive coin, just want to save it from a sure death to this green thing.
Don't have access to hobby products or electrolysis, just toothpicks, brushes, vinegar, olive oil and the likes... :tongue3:
Thanks!!

View attachment 2030142 View attachment 2030143
19cbb,it,s courteous and polite if someone gives you advice you asked for to leave a like even if you don,t have time to leave a reply.Only takes a second to click the button!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
19cbb,it,s courteous and polite if someone gives you advice you asked for to leave a like even if you don,t have time to leave a reply.Only takes a second to click the button!
what did I miss ?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what did I miss ?
I don't think much. Maybe just a wee bit of normal personality disorders we all experience these days. With all this online interaction that goes on it's hard not to be infected without even coming in contact with those who are effected. I wouldn't worry about it.

Attachments

• This Is What A Personality Disorder Really Looks Like_ Symptoms To Watch Out For.jpeg
    This Is What A Personality Disorder Really Looks Like_ Symptoms To Watch Out For.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 15

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
what did I miss ?
It's a great question to ask 1.5 yrs after it was posted up.

From knowing and interacting with the member while he was still here he posted that comment after helping out with solutions, and other things many times, with a mute from the OP of the thread.
It was wearing thin on him, and others that go to the effort of researching, and keeping things alive.

So typical of life in general though, 5% do the heavy lifting and 95% enjoy the benefits of their efforts.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't think much. Maybe just a wee bit of normal personality disorders we all experience these days. With all this online interaction that goes on it's hard not to be infected without even coming in contact with those who are effected. I wouldn't worry about it.
I had a good :laughing7: when I read this image.

Screen Shot 2024-01-31 at 9.12.06 AM.png

It describes me almost to a tee, then again I would say that most could pick 1-7 boxes out and say gee that's me.
Then they'd be doing the couch therapy in the their heads-which then it would open up another box.

#3-Many squirrels and birds have tilted their little heads when I have found a keeper while detecting-I'm only human. :laughing7:
#5/6- When I don't get in any mental therapy time in detecting.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a good :laughing7: when I read this image.

View attachment 2128779

It describes me almost to a tee, then again I would say that most could pick 1-7 boxes out and say gee that's me.
Then they'd be doing the couch therapy in the their heads-which then it would open up another box.

#3-Many squirrels and birds have tilted their little heads when I have found a keeper while detecting-I'm only human. :laughing7:
#5/6- When I don't get in any mental therapy time in detecting.
Yeah it's always good to be aware and maintain.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

From knowing and interacting with the member while he was still here he posted that comment after helping out with solutions, and other things many times, with a mute from the OP of the thread.
It was wearing thin on him, and others that go to the effort of researching, and keeping things alive.

So typical of life in general though, 5% do the heavy lifting and 95% enjoy the benefits of their efforts.
Thanks pepperj;

Tho I have been out sick for awhile I try to stay in the loop .

God Bless & Happy Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks pepperj;

Tho I have been out sick for awhile I try to stay in the loop .

God Bless & Happy Hunting
Well I hope you're on the mend.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Do you know if ' Verdigris ' can show up later on dry relics dug years before , I heard it can & can not (if completely dry ) , I'm still debating on coating some CW buttons , coins , tokens with Ren-Wax .?

Thanks

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I hope you're on the mend.
Yea I'm almost there & at 53 ( in May ) getting back in Hiking & Digging shape is harder + Sites 30 miles N of Atlanta are pretty much gone & or hunted HARD! , I never like to say hunted out . :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions