557.3 KB · Views: 289

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow that would be an awesome find for sure .. Thanks for sharing the article!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like those front motor mounts... improvising a couple of crank connecting rod ???

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like those front motor mounts... improvising a couple of crank connecting rod ???

Ya, looking at that thing is an awesome piece of history in many ways, But no way would I go down a track in that!!!!! That's nuts!! :laughing7: And if that rear end came unglued? imagine what would happen to the drivers n###.!:laughing7: Pretty cool though!

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
they still race front motor car and they are still cool,about 270mph in the 1/4 mile.brad
Ya, looking at that thing is an awesome piece of history in many ways, But no way would I go down a track in that!!!!! That's nuts!! :laughing7: And if that rear end came unglued? imagine what would happen to the drivers n###.!:laughing7: Pretty cool though!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw a couple pics years ago of the clutch & pressure plate letting go on a rail like that. He lost his friend and the other two boys and his right calf. Remember the pics clear as a bell, just can't remember the track, it was in So Cal.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw a couple pics years ago of the clutch & pressure plate letting go on a rail like that. He lost his friend and the other two boys and his right calf. Remember the pics clear as a bell, just can't remember the track, it was in So Cal.
I remember watching this on the Wide World of Sports back in 1969. I think it was live when it was on TV. Don "the snake" Prudhomme was pretty shook up after seeing the front half of Jim Nicholls, rail pass in front of him. I believe when this old barn find was built they were know as "sling shot dragsters" ??

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's happened on circle track too. I met a guy that was at a race with with his son and his sons friend. One of the flywheels blew apart and went up in the stands killing his sons friend that they took to the races. So, it's happened a few times. I can't even imagine.

My cousin has a couple of rails, I like looking at them and I'd love to go down the track just one time, but just scares me thinking about being that close to all those moving parts at that kind of torque and rpms. ???

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like what we call Yard Art around here.
Not safe to drive fore sure.

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quite a few hemi powered motorhomes out there...

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Growing up in the 70's , I got to see and ride in a few. A neighborhood friend Bought,sold,restored and raced Mopars. Everything. One in Particular was a factory Hemi Race Dart. Came from the factory in primer. Battery mounted in the trunk,plexiglass pull up windows,ect. In my mid teen years, getting a ride in a black Hemi 'Cuda.. a wheel standing ride. To a black 69 Super B with a 440 6pak that would turn Low 6's in the 8th mi. He sold many of them. I'm sure he has something hidden around today. He gave his lil brother a Superbird. Never knew what became of it. But,damn. Their worth in todays market.. Those were the days.. and those mopar colors rocked too !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread