Here guys! A new tasty (I'm sure) brew for your enjoyment!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't wait to run a batch myself!

Scientists turn urine into beer | Fox News

Published August 07, 2016

The next time your warm beer tastes “like piss,” it may just be because it really is piss. Thanks to scientists at a Belgian university, there’s now a machine that can turn urine into beer.

Pissing drunks everywhere, rejoice.

The machine actually turns the urine into two things: drinkable water and fertilizer. It uses solar energy to heat the urine, which then passes through a membrane separating the water from all the other nutrients found in urine.

The potential for such a machine is vast: Researcher Sebastiaan Derese said that it could do anything from bringing drinkable water to rural areas of the world that don’t have clean water to saving money by being installed in airports. Or, as we noted, yes, it could be used to brew beer.

Noted urine aficionado Bear Grylls must be head over heels at the news.

The Belgian researchers have been working on this machine for two and a half years, testing it at a music festival in Ghent. They ended up with 1,000 liters of water, thanks to the attendees. In order to fulfill the circle of life, the water will be turned into beer — the form that it probably began as.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shocked_01.gif

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been into home brewing for many years, But still use bottled water, Think I will stick with that. :occasion14:

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
The water they use is technically cleaner, but getting over the 'ick' factor will be a challenge.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Belgium beers are now off my beer list, lol.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
[QUOTE=

"Noted urine aficionado Bear Grylls must be head over heels at the news." LOL!!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread