Here is how we can reduce our dependance on foreign OIL.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
OK...

Some are throwing a hex on this wind and solar power, as it's becoming affordable more people...

Corporations are beginning to set up wind farms and vast solar arrays to produce power...
We'll be stuck dependent upon the same grid as before!

Far better to set up your own, at your home, so you are not quite so reliant upon others.

Best

OP
OP
rferris75

rferris75

May 1, 2008
Detector(s) used
Dfx, Prizm III, Ace 250
Not a bad idea but who can afford the solar panels? I will accept donations toward a set lol. If i could put my ex wives in one room I could power and heat my house all year with their hot air. You know they probably say the same about me. You do have a point also it would be great to be self sufficent to not have to rely on the power co.

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey, it's a step in the right direction. I just hope they don't put them in my backyard! :tongue3: I'm already having dizzy spells!

I have a feeling we are going to see some breakthrough solar technologies.... much cheaper and more efficient than todays glass, metal and silicon solar panels... and I also think every day we spend building wind turbines is another day we're not building nuclear plants! (my personal favorite... we could always bury the waste in Iraq and Iran!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread