Here's Some Rocks Out Of My Tumbler (5 weeks tumbling) I Collected Digging For Gold

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I just never lose my sense of "aw" when I see tumbled pieces of petrified wood. I can't help but wonder what that tree looked like some hundred million years ago, what types of animals were in existence and of course was gold plentiful?
😁
Below is my latest batch I took out of my rock tumbler after tumbling for over 4 weeks. I loaded up another three tumblers tonight of various types of rocks. They should be ready next month.

may9.jpg

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I just never lose my sense of "aw" when I see tumbled pieces of petrified wood. I can't help but wonder what that tree looked like some hundred million years ago, what types of animals were in existence and of course was gold plentiful?
😁
Below is my latest batch I took out of my rock tumbler after tumbling for over 4 weeks. I loaded up another three tumblers tonight of various types of rocks. They should be ready next month.

View attachment 2083027
Very nice luster.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
😁

View attachment 2083027
Beautiful! How many different grits to you run them through?

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Beautiful! How many different grits to you run them through?
I used the standard 4 different grits (one week each) then a burnish wash with shavings from a bar of Ivory Soap for 3-4 hours.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread