Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to local gas station to fill up a can for the lawnmower , I happened to glance at the top of the pump and saw what I thought was a big washer . being a fix it kinda guy I thought I'd get it. I was shocked when I saw what I had and almost put it in my pocket of change . wrapped in a tissue instead . It's in pretty good shape . 2014 walking liberty . What looks like a scratch on the pic can't be seen on the coin , not sure how that is but it sure is pretty for free.
DSCN2537.JPG
DSCN2541.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 40
OP
OP
ticndig

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What no back picture... thats like looking in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue and only seeing the front of the suit.

:P
had a hard time getting the front ,it has a mirror finish . I don't know how to turn off the flash so covered it with cardboard. but I'll post a back pic after while.

OP
OP
ticndig

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coin may not have been recognized as being a real coin by the quicky mart clerk ? I'd bet it's stolen and will return it if I hear about a heist in the area . if something happens around here everybody know about it.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So that's where I left my coin... 😅👍
In all seriousness I can't help but think that was left by one of those apocalypse preppers who tried to use silver to pay for gas like the end times had already arrived.

OP
OP
ticndig

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find thats for sure. WHAT is the value of it ?
melt is $ 20 uncirculated is $ 40 and mint would have been $ 90 these numbers were off the net . I'm not a coin guy so that's all I could go on . anyone like to give an opinion on it's value?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread