image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 51

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
St Michael has become the Patron Saint of LEO and the Military. The St Michael medallion has been in use continuously for many years in many various styles. It has been available at Catholic Church stores, Military Exchanges, online stores, jewelry kiosks and stores for many years.

You'd either need to find a catalog or someone who remembers buying one in that particular style to date it. I'll continue to look with different search parameters and see if I can find one similar to yours.

I know it doesn't answer your question......

Last edited:
Upvote 5
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
St Michael has become the Patron Saint of LEO and the Military. The St Michael medallion has been in use continuously for many years in many various styles. It has been available at Catholic Church stores, Military Exchanges, online stores, jewelry kiosks and stores for many years.

You'd either need to find a catalog or someone who remembers buying one in that particular style to date it. I'll continue to look with different search parameters and see if I can find one similar to yours.

I know it doesn't answer your question......
No that was something that I needed to hear because I’ve seen all the varieties of them but I just couldn’t find that one I have with a date but hey I love me some Jesus so I got it. My mother used to pray to Saint Michael’s when she lost something we’re not Catholic she would make us watch a little bit on TV on Sunday mornings and then she shuffle us out the door lol

Upvote 1

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At one time St.Michael was known as the patron saint of paratroopers.Hard to find a 82nd Airborne trooper who wasn,t wearing one.I,m a Marine vet,you don,t want to know who,s the patron saint of Marines.

Upvote 1

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I messed that up! It,s St.Christopher that was the patron saint of paratroopers.Came to me like a bolt of lightning in the middle of the night!

Upvote 1

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
No that was something that I needed to hear because I’ve seen all the varieties of them but I just couldn’t find that one I have with a date but hey I love me some Jesus so I got it. My mother used to pray to Saint Michael’s when she lost something we’re not Catholic she would make us watch a little bit on TV on Sunday mornings and then she shuffle us out the door lol

The 29 Sept day they mention/referenced in the worthpoint ad is St Michaelmas Day or the Feast Of Saints, amongst other names.

When the local preacher found out my parent's picked Michael for my name, he tried to talk them out of it. Said the boy would be nothing but trouble. Years later my parents brought that conversation up and said they should have listened to him, and that his warning was an understatement........

Upvote 3
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I messed that up! It,s St.Christopher that was the patron saint of paratroopers.Came to me like a bolt of lightning in the middle of the night!
The 29 Sept day they mention/referenced in the worthpoint ad is St Michaelmas Day or the Feast Of Saints, amongst other names.

When the local preacher found out my parent's picked Michael for my name, he tried to talk them out of it. Said the boy would be nothing but trouble. Years later my parents brought that conversation up and said they should have listened to him, and that his warning was an understatement........
LMAO!!!!! PRICELESS

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread