Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I haven’t Metal Detected it in a Weighting out your time and money vs risk well yesterday was the day that I had to go to Metal Detecting for sanity reasons so I got my detector which wasn’t plugged in recharging but I thought no big deal came to be a big deal because I couldn’t find my charger anywhere as a matter fact I just ordered another one so I get it in the truck I turn on the detector and lo and behold I see one bar and having no idea how much time that leaves me was it worth it me driving 50 miles to the Fort and probably not getting anything spectacular or just not going so I went and I found out how long one bar would last and it lasted a good two hours plus. I didn’t get much a warm nickel and a little pendant but it was the surprise of the little pendant how delicate it is how small it is and at 8 inches down it wasn’t crossed and I guess also knowing how far down a small Coil can go so here I have a little pendant nothing special just really cool and I’m not sure if it’s the money I had to spend in the luck I had to have to find it I guess that’s worth $40. So that being said it’s an extra feeling you get when Metal Detecting that I purposely won’t look at it more than two full seconds and then I put it in my top pocket finds and then I’m excited about what it could be when I put it under my microscope and get educated on one simple thing I’m telling y’all it’s like gambling and living in New Orleans I also took gambling way too far so this is a healthy substitute. My Wife used to say “You’re going Metal Detecting again!!” And I would say Would you rather me be gambling? Lol she would laugh and I would smile and then off I would go. I sure do miss her telling me that.

Attachments

• 376D25E0-223D-4356-AC88-D5D6BEBD8D28.jpeg
    376D25E0-223D-4356-AC88-D5D6BEBD8D28.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 122
  • 31F2359F-8A03-4662-8BAF-FB31BF76BC7C.jpeg
    31F2359F-8A03-4662-8BAF-FB31BF76BC7C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
  • B181A9D6-57AA-48E3-A1D2-43BF672FD917.jpeg
    B181A9D6-57AA-48E3-A1D2-43BF672FD917.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
  • 18C7C960-68CB-4132-807C-D3969C445BEB.jpeg
    18C7C960-68CB-4132-807C-D3969C445BEB.jpeg
    778.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 8705D5B2-8B50-423C-AFFF-4F83D6127BA6.jpeg
    8705D5B2-8B50-423C-AFFF-4F83D6127BA6.jpeg
    828.8 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 22

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
At the price of fuel today I think before going to far away places.
Crazy prices up here for gas and it kind out knocks the far away site plans down the list.
$7.00 a gallon yesterday up here.
Still for the mental therapy it gives back swing and digging forca few hours one can't put a price on that.
Looks like you got a little jingler/tassel that hung off a purse/belt/bracelet..
Cool recovery from those depths.

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean Truth! Sometimes its just finding unexpected little gems. Especially when I’m feeling pessimistic or don’t expect to find anything. Glad you got out and did some digging!

Clad Crusader

Nov 16, 2020
Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I haven’t Metal Detected it in a Weighting out your time and money vs risk well yesterday was the day that I had to go to Metal Detecting for sanity reasons so I got my detector which wasn’t plugged in recharging but I thought no big deal came to be a big deal because I couldn’t find my charger anywhere as a matter fact I just ordered another one so I get it in the truck I turn on the detector and lo and behold I see one bar and having no idea how much time that leaves me was it worth it me driving 50 miles to the Fort and probably not getting anything spectacular or just not going so I went and I found out how long one bar would last and it lasted a good two hours plus. I didn’t get much a warm nickel and a little pendant but it was the surprise of the little pendant how delicate it is how small it is and at 8 inches down it wasn’t crossed and I guess also knowing how far down a small Coil can go so here I have a little pendant nothing special just really cool and I’m not sure if it’s the money I had to spend in the luck I had to have to find it I guess that’s worth $40. So that being said it’s an extra feeling you get when Metal Detecting that I purposely won’t look at it more than two full seconds and then I put it in my top pocket finds and then I’m excited about what it could be when I put it under my microscope and get educated on one simple thing I’m telling y’all it’s like gambling and living in New Orleans I also took gambling way too far so this is a healthy substitute. My Wife used to say “You’re going Metal Detecting again!!” And I would say Would you rather me be gambling? Lol she would laugh and I would smile and then off I would go. I sure do miss her telling me that.
Love war nickels …. They always look like they actually went off to war themselves.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Way to go brother!!!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At the price of fuel today I think before going to far away places.
Crazy prices up here for gas and it kind out knocks the far away site plans down the list.
$7.00 a gallon yesterday up here.
Still for the mental therapy it gives back swing and digging forca few hours one can't put a price on that.
Looks like you got a little jingler/tassel that hung off a purse/belt/bracelet..
Cool recovery from those depths.
$7 dollars a gallon!!! that can’t be for regular is it? I’m getting $3.85 a gallon for regular but I got a 5.7 L truck which cost $84 to fill up

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love war nickels …. They always look like they actually went off to war themselves.
I never counted them I have them in a bag I believe I have around 60 war nickels in the seven years I’ve been Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread