HF Battery Life

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Relicgrubber

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2018
Deep East Texas
Detector(s) used
O.G. XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm never out for more than 6hrs and I usually put the coil on the charger as soon as I get home, so I can say it does last 6 hrs.

I believe it is rated @ 15 or 20hrs. before a charge is needed.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My coil battery lasts for several outings, so I'd say at least 8 hours each charge. I have never been able to run the coil out of charge before.

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The frequency you run the coil at affects the run time. The higher the frequency, the longer the run time. See page 28 of the Deus V5 manual...

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. Mine seems to die more quickly than the other components. I may bring the LF coil as a backup or try switching the battery from a LF coil into the HF if it isnt too complicated.

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. Replacing batteries in the HF coil is super EZ, but you have to use HF only batts and they cost about $50

Tigerdude

Apr 2, 2016
South louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ordering my 3rd battery for my HF elliptical a little over 4 years. Headphones and display are still using the original batterys.

They dont hold a charge anymore. I am lucky to get 2-3 hours of hunting in before they go dead. Sometimes they drop a bar within 30 mins.

How long can you hunt with yours HF before you need to charge it?

thanks
I had the same identical problem with the HF coil. Replaced the battery twice. The 3rd time I called/complained, Deus told me to send the coil back and they replaced it for free.

RussM

Oct 2, 2019
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
XP ORX

Garrett Carrot

XP MI6 Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine seemed to be losing it's charging power as well. According to the blinking lights and whatnot the thing was charged, but then out using it it would die in no time. Turns out the charging of the HF coil is glitchy for me at least. I had to repeatedly disconnect it and reconnect it until it showed fully charged when linked to the controller. I don't know why it does that, but I was ready to send the coil in for warranty work, or buy another battery until I tried this... seems to be working for me so far.

Last edited:

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Glad you found a solution Russ. I've never had an issue other than sometimes not putting the charge clip on properly.

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had similar problems with my elliptical. Tried a battery replacement and it didn't help. Sent the coil in under warranty and they sent a new one back to me. Very pleased about that, its probably my favorite or at least most used coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread