HF vs X35 Coil: Which One Should I Buy?

DigDug216

Feb 22, 2016
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (May2015) and Equinox 800 (March2019)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Indy durtdigger

Mar 20, 2019
East Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 and Equinox 600, XP DEUS with 9, 11x13, and HF coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My soil conditions are different than yours but I have both the 9inch x35 and the elliptical HF coil. If the yards you hunt tend to be laden with aluminum bits the X35 is the better and more versatile choice. The higher frequencies the HF coils can run at loves em some aluminum bits and will have you chasing tiny bits of can slaw.

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
For the simplicity of the battery replacement I would go with the HF coils and not look back.

g

Cyberdeus

Dec 29, 2019
Netherlands
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Deus came with the x35 11" coil. Apparently it's a good coil. At last that's what they say, so far Im happy with it :D

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have both the LF and the HF. I use the HF for the higher kHz to start with 28 kHz.
If I don’t find gold in the better parts of the permission I’ll change coils and run in 14 kHz
to see what pops up. Side note: my soil in very low mineralized. If i has to choose one coil over
the other it would be the LF.

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
Have used a Bounty hunter "Lone Star," Tesoro "Cibola." I now use an XP Deus.
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was at the same crossroads a year or so ago. People on here swear by their HF coils. I've personally never used one. I bought the X35 9 in. Personally I find that the 7.7 Kz grabs onto a coin better than any other Kz, including 4. So, that alone was my reason for going X35. PLUS, I still have the 25 Kz any time I want to switch over to a high Kz.

OP
OP
D

DigDug216

Feb 22, 2016
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (May2015) and Equinox 800 (March2019)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love this site and the time people take to help each other. God bless everyone.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Timecop67

May 22, 2017
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Orx, Teknetics 8500, Treasure Baron with Gold Module
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went with the HF 9 coil for my Orx to go after those silver dimes on edge and gold jewelry. The lower the frequency the more my machine seems to be susceptible to RF and noise/chatter. So have been running my detector on 28k as the HF coil likes it a little higher and it runs fairly quiet. Watched the videos of the Orx in Europe chasing hammered silver coins and they seem to do well with the higher frequencies. Out of the box my Orx found a small silver chain.

detectorguy

Jan 10, 2013
Sacramento Ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Xp
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the HF 9x5 coil and love running it at 14 khz. I have found nice Gold rings and chains with it, so that works for me :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread