Hi guys, so glad to be back here.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
Some may know we were getting the boot from our home. We are low income here in Australia.
We spent months trying to find a home, 5! We went all over Victoria trying to get one. Our finances were at crash stage. Why I stopped posting. It wasn't good.
Few weeks ago, in utter desperation stage I bumped into a good friend I had not seen in yrs. When I told him what was happening he said "no, no, no, I have a friend who is about to rent a home I'll introduce you to them" We were "seriously!"
It happened. We are moving in there in 2 weeks time.
Seriously, we were about to buy hundreds of dollars worth of camping gear to live in the bush till we got a home its that bad where we are.
We are blown away. The home was built in the 1890s, sounds bad no way, restumped, fully renovated and right in an old gold town. Inside it is awesome.
Sometimes, good things happen 👍😀

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some may know we were getting the boot from our home. We are low income here in Australia.
We spent months trying to find a home, 5! We went all over Victoria trying to get one. Our finances were at crash stage. Why I stopped posting. It wasn't good.
Few weeks ago, in utter desperation stage I bumped into a good friend I had not seen in yrs. When I told him what was happening he said "no, no, no, I have a friend who is about to rent a home I'll introduce you to them" We were "seriously!"
It happened. We are moving in there in 2 weeks time.
Seriously, we were about to buy hundreds of dollars worth of camping gear to live in the bush till we got a home its that bad where we are.
We are blown away. The home was built in the 1890s, sounds bad no way, restumped, fully renovated and right in an old gold town. Inside it is awesome.
Sometimes, good things happen 👍😀
Great to hear from you Chilli. :hello:
Was wondering if a big old White-tailed spider got you.
Good to read that things are turning around for ya, getting a roof over your head and a new spot to land.
Cheers mate. :occasion14:

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
Great to hear from you Chilli. :hello:
Was wondering if a big old White-tailed spider got you.
Good to read that things are turning around for ya, getting a roof over your head and a new spot to land.
Cheers mate. :occasion14:
Thanks friend, appreciate that. Its been crazy. We were at desperation stage.
True this. The home we are going to, the owners also own 10 acres out the back of it. Looks like just flat ground. When we went there we were told "this was an old gold lead with diggings all over it but was flattened about 50 yrs ago".. we were.. "really, you guys detect?" Them "no but you are welcome to if you like!"
😀 Its never been detected.
Im gonna walk out the back gate and detect for coins, relics and gold!
Im still pinching myself!

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
Welcome back, Chilli. We missed you. Remember what that great Native Amarican Chief said, "Endeavor to persevere".

Sounds like a win-win situation,… Good on you , Someone way up high had mercy on you and provided you a way out... .. :thumbsup:
Thanks guys very much. Its been seriously stressful. I'll be honest, one day out in the bush I broke down in tears. My sister whom I signed over my part of my inheritance to (half a house inhertience) as she is partly disabled thinking she needs a place to live its not good to sell it with nobody getting a home, she now lives alone in a 3 bedroom house, when I asked can we stay for a while till we get a place, said NO. I got screwed.
Family huh!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks friend, appreciate that. Its been crazy. We were at desperation stage.
True this. The home we are going to, the owners also own 10 acres out the back of it. Looks like just flat ground. When we went there we were told "this was an old gold lead with diggings all over it but was flattened about 50 yrs ago".. we were.. "really, you guys detect?" Them "no but you are welcome to if you like!"
😀 Its never been detected.
Im gonna walk out the back gate and detect for coins, relics and gold!
Im still pinching myself!
Now that doesn't get any better than that, digging in the back yard.
Lots of possibilities can be there for the taking.
Lucky you-a bit of sunshine has been cast your way.
Best of luck!
Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 8.15.54 AM.png

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys very much. Its been seriously stressful. I'll be honest, one day out in the bush I broke down in tears. My sister whom I signed over my part of my inheritance to (half a house inhertience) as she is partly disabled thinking she needs a place to live its not good to sell it with nobody getting a home, she now lives alone in a 3 bedroom house, when I asked can we stay for a while till we get a place, said NO. I got screwed.
Family huh!
That is sad, Chilli. Yes, family can be a blessing and a family member can be a curse. And it hurts when one does something like this. But at the end of the day, you will still be you and she will still be her. You come out way ahead brother.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Family huh!
Man that blow probably hurt, nothing hurts more then when family does something like that. Sorry you got put through the ringer lately. Sounds as though you are looking up from the bottom of the hole though!

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Family huh!
One of life's injustices, you don't get to pick your relatives!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread