Hi my name is Walt from South Dakota

Wosterb

Dec 13, 2021
I am not really new as I have been metsl detecting since the early 1980s. I don't metal detect much anymore duevto my physical condition. I knew about Treasurenet for years. I believe I was a member years ago. I served in the U.S. Navy for 21 years and did some metal detecting in different areas. My best find was a George Washington inaugural button, the one with the GW in an oval in the middle and long live the president around the top edge. I found this in Maine about 30 years ago. I recently found the tag I posted, that I had forgot about. I am wondering if it was used to identify elephants in a circus. I still have 3 metal detectors. 1 whites XLT and two minelabs. I believe an Explorer and the other a Safari. I hope to be able to be able to go metal detecting again as I do love it.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net from Oregon!

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope that I have it, my mobile home burned down on August 9th. My son said he rescued it. I have to get it from him and I will post it.
Wow what a difficult thing to go through! Hope you and yours are safe.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your fire.

How's metal detecting in South Dakota? I'm from Minnesota and it's kind of luke warm here.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

OP
OP
W

Wosterb

Dec 13, 2021
Sorry to hear about your fire.

How's metal detecting in South Dakota? I'm from Minnesota and it's kind of luke warm here.
Yeah, it isuke warm here as well. I used to go to old ghost towns and found a few 1800s coins. But, they are getting harder to find. I like old fairgrounds but they are hard to find.

OP
OP
W

Wosterb

Dec 13, 2021
I hope that I have it, my mobile home burned down on August 9th. My son said he rescued it. I have to get it from him and I will post it.
My son says he knows right where it is and he will bring it over to me.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: South Dakota for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from Texas :wave:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to a VERY FINE internet forum !! TREASURENET :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread