Hibernia Copper and Other Goodies

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As you can see from Patriots post, the site I mentioned last week turned out to be pretty good after all - but I seemed to be walking around the best targets and digging a lot of scrap. I did manage a handful of buttons, a 1781 Hibernia and a few other period finds. Can't wait to get out again!
IMG_8167.JPG
IMG_8166.JPG

Upvote 13

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Killer finds. Congrats! The Hibernia is really nice. Well done.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup Id be camping out at that site. Hope you nail a rare one on the return trip my friend

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
You have the rare privilege to get to hunt on some really great sites in your neck of the woods, just because you didn't get over the best of the finds doesn't mean you're out of the race, I know you can get the good stuff, it just may be the next time!
Wtg on the Hibernia copper, that's something I haven't uncovered in a while, great to see one in your pile!

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always happy just to have the chance, I've had my share of great finds that's for sure. I'm ready for another good day there and the hunt for even more good sites is always underway!

You have the rare privilege to get to hunt on some really great sites in your neck of the woods, just because you didn't get over the best of the finds doesn't mean you're out of the race, I know you can get the good stuff, it just may be the next time!
Wtg on the Hibernia copper, that's something I haven't uncovered in a while, great to see one in your pile!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Hibernian. That spot is all yours but it would drive me crazy if I couldn't get back until Spring. Good luck buddy.

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just seen that you posted..I am really surprised you didn't come up with an RP as you dug more buttons than I did on that hunt...Don't worry my friend you are due for something good soon..you are putting the time in...

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a good hunt

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds, the Hibernia is sweet, I'd being doing summer salts if I found one, if I could

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find.
Any coin from the 1700's is fantastic in my book.

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I'm sure a good one will pop up soon, as long as I'm digging old targets I'm happy!
Just seen that you posted..I am really surprised you didn't come up with an RP as you dug more buttons than I did on that hunt...Don't worry my friend you are due for something good soon..you are putting the time in...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread