Hiking report

Lucky Baldwin

Nov 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got back from my 1st trip this season. Water's plentiful, although some of the small tinajas are starting to become stagnant. The fuzzy red ants are out so watch your step.

I found what I think is a natural tunnel thru a rock fin. At least it looks natural to me. Was a total accident. I just sat down to take five and have some water when I saw it right in front of me. i had stopped at just the right spot to see thru to the other side.

tunnel.png

The funny thing is, the other side leads to this strange 'Z' shaped canyon...

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got back from my 1st trip this season. Water's plentiful, although some of the small tinajas are starting to become stagnant. The fuzzy red ants are out so watch your step.

I found what I think is a natural tunnel thru a rock fin. At least it looks natural to me. Was a total accident. I just sat down to take five and have some water when I saw it right in front of me. i had stopped at just the right spot to see thru to the other side.

View attachment 1643904

The funny thing is, the other side leads to this strange 'Z' shaped canyon...

That's awesome man. I'd have to check that opening out with the proper safety gear. Thanks for the report!

OP
OP
Lucky Baldwin

Lucky Baldwin

Nov 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome man. I'd have to check that opening out with the proper safety gear. Thanks for the report!

I think the other side is easier to get to, if I can figure out which tree is blocking the entrance.

When I blew up the pic to make the tunnel more visible, I noticed something I didn't see when I took it.

Quartz crystal.png

Look at the white pixels with the black halo around them. I think that's a glassy object reflecting sunlight back at the camera. Judging by its exposed location outside the mouth of the tunnel, I'd bet it's attached and not just sitting loose on the ground. Maybe a quartz crystal?

OldManOfTheRiver

Jun 15, 2018
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the other side is easier to get to, if I can figure out which tree is blocking the entrance.

When I blew up the pic to make the tunnel more visible, I noticed something I didn't see when I took it.

View attachment 1644217

Look at the white pixels with the black halo around them. I think that's a glassy object reflecting sunlight back at the camera. Judging by its exposed location outside the mouth of the tunnel, I'd bet it's attached and not just sitting loose on the ground. Maybe a quartz crystal?

Worth a look see in my opinion. It may be pixilation but that tunnel looks man made to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread