chuck a

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Coinmaster 1977,Silver Eagle and V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone out there use a hip mount battery pack? I have made up several battery packs for metal detectors that use lead acid type batteries. I have made one for my Whites Silver Eagle that uses a 6v 4ah battery. This battery will last for days without a charge, but should be charged after each use. I just got tired of buying batteries all the time. Another advantage is it takes some of the weight off of the detector. Nicads and other rechargeable batteries are ok, but they are measured in milliampere and not ah. This 6v battery measures 4" tall by 2 and 3/4 wide and about 2 inches thick.

What do you gays and gals think?

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Useless, buy a lipo battery they can be found up to 10ah and still weight less than a set of alcalike batteries, also so small you could put them in your pocket if you wanted.
You just need to learn how to take good care of them.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
C

chuck a

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Coinmaster 1977,Silver Eagle and V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I am stupid. what is a lipo battery? How can you say lead acid batteries are useless?

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Because of the weight of the battery, lipos are light.
Make a research on li-po batteries in google you will find a lot of places that have them. Hobby king is one.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread