artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone have any a recommendation for a good historical fiction novel? I'm going on a road trip next week and need some good new reads. I loved the Red Tent and a few of the other books about Biblical History.

I've also discovered a new author that I really like reading - this is probably more for the ladies, as I don't think men would appreciate her:

Barbara Erskine - she's British and her books are not too common in the states. I absolutely loved Lady of Hay. Her books all have a supernatural element that's really cool. Hope you enjoy!

57sauce

Dec 3, 2007
Rochester, MN
I see its to late for your trip I realy enjoyed Stephen Lawhead's "Byzantium"

An Irish Monk, Aidan, is honoured with the task of accompanying a gift – the Book of Kells – as it is transported to Byzantium, to be offered to the Emperor at Constantinople. However, they've hardly sailed past the coast of Britain when disaster strikes.
What follows next is a fascinating adventure across the landscape of the 9th century, that takes the reader into Gaul, life with Vikings, the city of Constantinople, and even the deserts of Arabia.

Good reading!!

mapo

Dec 27, 2008
Tacoma, Wa.
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Two come to mind instantly. Water for elephants by Sara Gruen and The other Boleyn girl by Philippa Gregory. I couldn't put either one down although the latter was a bit daunting.

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread