Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They can craterize a plowed or fallow field. They'll dig down a couple of feet chasing tubers and roots, any and all creatures. They eat ground nesting birds and animals, will kill and eat fawns. Would kill and eat us, given half a chance. Someday, there will be vast herds of these, roaming the continent. Shoot them all.

OP
OP
G

GDub62

Feb 2, 2022
Georgia
They can craterize a plowed or fallow field. They'll dig down a couple of feet chasing tubers and roots, any and all creatures. They eat ground nesting birds and animals, will kill and eat fawns. Would kill and eat us, given half a chance. Someday, there will be vast herds of these, roaming the continent. Shoot them all.
Agreed!

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hogs are bad here and the deer don’t like to be around them. I heard a local biologist say that you would have to kill 3/4 of the population to break even. They can reproduce at 6months old and have two litters of a dozen or so a year. That adds up real quick. At least they taste good!

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hogs are bad here and the deer don’t like to be around them. I heard a local biologist say that you would have to kill 3/4 of the population to break even. They can reproduce at 6months old and have two litters of a dozen or so a year. That adds up real quick. At least they taste good!
And they have very few nature enemies

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would be a suicide mission
It was a game me and my cousin would play on my great uncle's farm, long ago. His pig pen had a big pile of lumber in the center. You'd jump in the pen and grab a baby pig and it be squealing a way and the mama sow would charge in for the rescue. You'd be running around that pile of lumber in a circle clockwise opposite of her around and around. Then she'd switch and go counter clockwise and do that awhile. Finally she'd just charge though that pile up lumber hurling 2x4s up and out of her way with her snout and as she bust through that's when you drop the little squealer and high tail it for the fence. It was a complete rush, playing that game as a dumb and stupid 13 year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions