Home-made Deus remote control neck holder.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure how else to describe this other than a 'neck holder' for the remote.

I've gotten used to using the XY screen on both my Deus 1 and 2. But constantly having to follow the remote with my eyes when it's mounted on the end of the shaft can be a literal pain in the neck.

Then I saw various 'neck holders' for cell phones online. I figured I could adapt one to hold the Deus remote, so I ordered the one you see in my photos from Target. I chose this one because of the way the phone holder is mounted on a plastic ball. There are different brands with varying mounting methods but I couldn't see any way to adapt those.

I discarded the phone holder, then ground down the ball on the end and epoxied a spare Deus remote mount where the ball was. The photos should speak for themselves.

So now I can swing the detector while looking at the remote without moving my head. Might seem unnecessary but if you have issues with your neck, it's very helpful.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
OP
OP
Emil W

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks. I figured I'd share in case anyone else has neck problems.

Saker

Jan 12, 2021
SW PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CTX3030, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats pretty slick and a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great idea, but it looks like it would get in the way when digging.
Do you remove it when you're retrieving a target or am I perceiving an obstacle that isn't there?

Lastly, you should share your idea on the D2 section of the XP forum or the main XP forum. It's a worthy idea that should get more exposure.

OP
OP
Emil W

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks. I'll also post it in the Deus 2 forum.

As far getting in the way while digging, if you bend it the way I show in my photos it sits pretty close to your body, so even when bending down to dig it's not in the way at all--at least for the way I dig.

May 17, 2023
Not sure how else to describe this other than a 'neck holder' for the remote.

I've gotten used to using the XY screen on both my Deus 1 and 2. But constantly having to follow the remote with my eyes when it's mounted on the end of the shaft can be a literal pain in the neck.

Then I saw various 'neck holders' for cell phones online. I figured I could adapt one to hold the Deus remote, so I ordered the one you see in my photos from Target. I chose this one because of the way the phone holder is mounted on a plastic ball. There are different brands with varying mounting methods but I couldn't see any way to adapt those.

I discarded the phone holder, then ground down the ball on the end and epoxied a spare Deus remote mount where the ball was. The photos should speak for themselves.

So now I can swing the detector while looking at the remote without moving my head. Might seem unnecessary but if you have issues with your neck, it's very helpful.
Be amazing for water hunting since our Deus 1’s aren’t waterproof that’s a good way to keep it up out of the water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread