pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to make me a new screen this week and I was hoping to see some new ideas. My last screen was destroyed in a minor car accident. It was the wooden type with two legs. It was ok but hard for my kids to operate.

Currently my idea is to use metal conduit for the frame. Yes I have a welder if the need arises.

I know there has to be some great ideas in this group. :)

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use a folding card table .. remove the top and screen.. They usually have enough play to shake well.. Maybe add a handle to help.. Or suspend a framed screen from it...

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a pic of mine. It's a floater I use water hunting. Works great. Only change I would make is to center the screen so just flipping it, you can use both sides. 100_0936.JPG

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
A few years ago I made a half inch screen classifier for gold panning from the top 5 or 6 inches of a 5 gallon bucket and hardware cloth , I found the directions online somewhere. When I started metal detecting in water I was going to make a large floating sifter but instead I just attatched a pool noodle around the classifier and it works great. Its not as wide as I would prefer it to be but its been working good anyway. I just tie it to my belt with a section of rope and pull it around with me.

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am going to make me a new screen this week and I was hoping to see some new ideas. My last screen was destroyed in a minor car accident. It was the wooden type with two legs. It was ok but hard for my kids to operate.

Currently my idea is to use metal conduit for the frame. Yes I have a welder if the need arises.

I know there has to be some great ideas in this group. :)
..................................................I have made home made screens before....and it is best to make it as light weight as possible....expecially if you have to pack it in to a remote area! Getting older...I try to be a lot more practicle...you can buy the Garrett Classifer screen and it fits right over the top of the 5 gallon bucket! Lightweight and easy to transport!

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i have been getting my classifier screens from amazon, but i would like to go smaller than #50, any suggestions for finding screens of #100, maybe smaller....... this would save me giving more money to amazon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread