Honker RING and a little SILVER!!!

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20190609_194316.jpg 20190609_194321.jpg 20190609_202251.jpg
Went for a little hunt and found this ugly hunky skull ring and a nice silver coin! I wish that the ring was silver or even better gold because it's huge... oh well. Every junk ring you dig helps to keep you going because you never know, the next might be real!!! I've found six rings at this very small park so far. Two big silver ones by the swing set and junk ones elsewhere. I've also found three other silver dimes not including the one I just found. I also found a 1943 penny pretty deep, i dont find many coins in the 50's and under in these little parks i hunt. Howerver I'm gonna hunt the whole park digging everything but iron because it is yielding silver items here and there. I've got it to myself because it's just a little neighborhood park no one would think to hunt.

Last edited:
Upvote 18

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like you have a good plan. Good luck!

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
That ring sure looks silver at first glance, I’ll bet your heart jumped juuuuuuuuust a little when you popped it out. Nice hunt

Last edited:

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done! Love the ring!

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice saves. Congrats on the silver and the cool ring.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt....silver is always nice to find.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Are you sure that ring is'nt Sterling ? It sure has the right look for it, and not all silver was stamped with a mark. You might want to stop by a Jeweler to have them confirm it.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there MVgirl.. congrats on some nice finds! Those little, out-of-the-way parks can be really fun to hunt. Might I make a small suggestion?... when you run out of high and mid tones, dig that iron! You might be pleasantly surprised. Grats on the good stuff, Ddf.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All those rings at a "small" park! Start hitting the "big" parks around too, those precious metal rings will be there. Hit the 10' (do you use feet in Canada?} swath of grass around the playground. That is where the adults and strollers sit while the little ones play. You will be rewarded. Sub 8-)

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Sweet finds. I share my reaction with Joe-Dirt and TH. I’d be getting that tested but of course it isn’t in my hand so maybe you see something we don’t.

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That ring sure looks silver at first glance, I’ll bet your heart jumped juuuuuuuuust a little when you popped it out. Nice hunt

It sure did... in till I looked for markings. It says stainless steel, China. :(

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey there MVgirl.. congrats on some nice finds! Those little, out-of-the-way parks can be really fun to hunt. Might I make a small suggestion?... when you run out of high and mid tones, dig that iron! You might be pleasantly surprised. Grats on the good stuff, Ddf.

Why would I want to dig iron? Won't I get all nails and trash?

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. Are you sure that ring is'nt Sterling ? It sure has the right look for it, and not all silver was stamped with a mark. You might want to stop by a Jeweler to have them confirm it.

Positive. It's says stainless steel, made in China... boo hoo :(

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would I want to dig iron? Won't I get all nails and trash?

Of course you will dig nails and trash!! BUUUT...You should see what I (and others here) have found after we've removed those nails and trash. There was one nasty, bouncy, scratchy signal that I dug at one of my sites only because I was tired of hearing it every time I hunted there....aaaaand pulled a beautiful little Claadaugh ring that was right under 2 square nails. I dig nails AND trash every time I detect, that's how we find the hidden little tressures. Ddf.

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Of course you will dig nails and trash!! BUUUT...You should see what I (and others here) have found after we've removed those nails and trash. There was one nasty, bouncy, scratchy signal that I dug at one of my sites only because I was tired of hearing it every time I hunted there....aaaaand pulled a beautiful little Claadaugh ring that was right under 2 square nails. I dig nails AND trash every time I detect, that's how we find the hidden little tressures. Ddf.

Weeeellll... maybe I'll give it a shot... maybe... i hate trash! Thanks for the suggestion though.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
still a cool ring to find. congrats on the silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread