🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
birdman said:
If you have one in good safe working order that you don't have time for let me know. I would prefer a 12 volt system. :coffee2:

These are super easy to make. I have made several that where safe and worked great to 20-30 foot. Home depot sells a nice oil less compressor for around 100 bucks. I used a hookah for years before I got certified. Now I dont use em anymore but they always worked well for me.

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the total cost for material? It may be worth it just to build one. :dontknow:

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
birdman said:
What is the total cost for material? It may be worth it just to build one. :dontknow:

Total caust with pump, line, and regulator is around 200 alittle more if you wanna use an expansion chamber.

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
DO NOT try to build one! You are just asking for problems or death! Here in Ohio, the state wouldnt let you in any state parks to hunt with any homemade system. I had to wait 3 months while they researched my Hookah that was bought.... the possible liability is a problem for the state. You can not hunt with the hookah here in ohio state park swimming areas without a special permit. Just my opinion, but I wouldnt trust my life to a homemade system

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
minton7 said:
DO NOT try to build one! You are just asking for problems or death! Here in Ohio, the state wouldnt let you in any state parks to hunt with any homemade system. I had to wait 3 months while they researched my Hookah that was bought.... the possible liability is a problem for the state. You can not hunt with the hookah here in ohio state park swimming areas without a special permit. Just my opinion, but I wouldnt trust my life to a homemade system

its like anything else research is key and you have to know what u are talking about I used home made ones for years without issue but I did my research and knew how to build one.

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Be fore I spent any $$ and research time on bulding a homemade one, I would contact wherever you are wanting to use it and ask... Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources wouldnt allow a homemade one to be used in Ohio state park swimming areas

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hookamax sells a unit on ebay for 710.00. I am looking for reviews and what not .I may just buy a new one if a good used one don't turn up. :dontknow:

dazoff

Aug 7, 2007
Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
Detector(s) used
To many to say
Hi birdman

I've been using an electric powered Hookah for a few years now. I use a unit from Australia, http://www.powerdive.com/products/hookah/powersnorkel
My unit called for a 35 amp battery I took the holder out and put a 68 amp battery in AGM type. I'm good for 2.5 hours of down time.

Brownies third lung is good, Hookamax is also fine.

Though they seem expensive up front it does not take long to recover the cost in gold rings.
A few things to consider, my unit has 4.5 cfm which is more than enough, for water hunting with the Hookah a connection for a BCD should be on your list.
The BCD will keep you down and stable its hard to hunt the bottom without one.

My unit is good down to 40 feet more than enough.

Dan

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used