HOOKED ON METAL DETECTING

seeker443

Greenie
Nov 23, 2007
Auburn New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week a friend of mine moved out of state and left me his metal detector. Ive never been detecting before so I went to a local park to try to figure out how to use it ( he didnt leave me the manual). After wandering around for about a half hour the detector gave me my first signal, so I started digging. I was totally amazed when I dug up an 1880s indian head penny. I got so excited that I stopped detecting I stopped and went home. I became totally hooked. I dont have a camera yet but as soon as I get one I will post a pic.

Upvote 0

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seeker, welcome to TNet!

That's a great first find!. . . Just imagine how much else is "down-under" that's waiting for you ;)

Take care & HH,
watercolor

OP
OP
S

seeker443

Greenie
Nov 23, 2007
Auburn New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The park that I detected used to have a hotel there as well as a turn of the century amusment park. I just cant wait to get back out there I am totally hooked.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby and great first find. The park site sounds awesome, could be some great finds there. Should not be too hard to find a manual for the detector. HH, Mike

Don In South Jersey

Sep 3, 2005
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Pro-Find
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seeker443 said:
Last week a friend of mine moved out of state and left me his metal detector. Ive never been detecting before so I went to a local park to try to figure out how to use it ( he didnt leave me the manual). After wandering around for about a half hour the detector gave me my first signal, so I started digging. I was totally amazed when I dug up an 1880s indian head penny. I got so excited that I stopped detecting I stopped and went home. I became totally hooked. I dont have a camera yet but as soon as I get one I will post a pic.

What kind of detector do you have?

I will see if I can find a manual for you online...

999slvrfx

Nov 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/sunray probe,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet and to the new hobby.
That's a great first find.
Imagine what you will find when you get a manual
and learn more about your detector!!

garyf

Jul 10, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70
See? That's what we've been trying to tell you. Now get back out there and dig.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great way to break into the hobby. Now you'll never be able to stop. ;D :D Welcome to the site Seeker443.

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, not sure which one you have but Kellyco has a website that's just manuals, free to download/view on the web (I should know, I edited a lot of it!) :) - http://www.metaldetectormanuals.com - Most of the major brands are on there,... hope yours is, and welcome to the wonderful addicting hobby of Metal Detecting!! :)

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can tell you got the habit bad!! Does your swing arm twitch a little??! Yeah, your hooked!!! Another useful life down the drain! ;D ;D ;D
Super first find and that site you have sure sounds promising. Keep swinging and post some pix of your loot!!

OP
OP
S

seeker443

Greenie
Nov 23, 2007
Auburn New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The metal dector that I have is a bounty hunter challenger There are many bounty hunter manuals but none for the challenger.
I dont know anything at all about detectors just that they beep when it detects metal :) any help finding a manual would be appreciated

trashdude

Nov 21, 2007
Cocoa, Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, QXT, Beach Hunter, Vibra-Tector 730
Great first find. If you think you're hooked now, wait till you find your first ring, watch, etc. You may want to quit your job and go TH-full time. ;D

Don In South Jersey

Sep 3, 2005
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Pro-Find
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seeker443 said:
The metal dector that I have is a bounty hunter challenger There are many bounty hunter manuals but none for the challenger.
I dont know anything at all about detectors just that they beep when it detects metal :) any help finding a manual would be appreciated

The Challenger was a model that was just sold by Bass Pro shops.

Here is a manual for the Fast tracker which should be relatively the same machine you have.

http://www.detecting.com/pdffiles/FastTracker-english(1).pdf

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow your doing great..on your first time out..sheez..am jeleous

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Bud :)!! That is one heck of a FIRST find! Man, relish it because some on here are still looking for their first ;) Great Job.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Welcome to TNet seeker443!!
Quite a memorable first find, congrats on that.
I can guess what Santa will be bringing this XMas.
Best of luck to you out there!

:) BDoo

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome and congrats on that first find sounds like you will be detecting for a long time now it is a lot of fun. Keep the faith and keep on trucking..... ==Jim==

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions