Hoser John .

Wiggler

May 9, 2019
The Real Northern Calif.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A friend and I purchased 2 claims from John a while ago . Over the weekend we bought some mining equipment from him .
John really is a legend in this addiction that we all have, which is gold mining . Many here probably know him . I have learned from him in person and by searching some of his threads here .
There was a guy or two here that inquired about John some months ago. John no longer has the internet which is why you don't see him here.
I asked him last weekend If he minded if I gave his phone number to anybody here who might want it . After some convincing he agreed to it. He is still dealing with some really tough physical ailments amongst other things BUT he still has a lot of fire left in him and no doubt would like to hear from some old friends.
I wish I would have met him while he was actively mining. Let me know, I could P.M. you his phone number .

Brett

Upvote 0

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Brett, Wish John healing of his physical ailments. Many thanks for the sharing of his wisdom and experience on this forum as well.

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the update -- hope he gets back online I miss his knowledgeable posts.
Good luck with your new claims and equipment.
Cheers Mike

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great guy, fountain of knowledge... One of the guys I have followed since the day I joined T-net. I wish him well!

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hoser is cantankerous, sharp tongued and abrasive...truly miss his presence online. I would say he has forgot more than most will ever know about mining but he doesn't forget anything.
Hopefully he will get back on these forums someday, I miss his input.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Brett THANKYOU for the update on Hoser ! I've been trying to reach him for sometime now and I correctly assumed that was John's situation ! We all want to wish for John's well being &safty !

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually looked him up about three weeks ago to make sure his name hadn't turned up in the paper for sad reasons.

Saw he had his claims in order and no OBIT.

he and I have butted heads online for years lol..

But we have had great very friendly conversations via private ha ha .

He was trying to head down this way three years ago or so. But, even then he couldn't travel far or well.

Wiggler if he doesn't have anyone near by helping him out make sure to let me know.

OP
OP
Wiggler

Wiggler

May 9, 2019
The Real Northern Calif.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I was going through a couple of bins of misc. parts that I got from Hoser John . In the bottom of one I found about a cup full of black sand and leaves and dust and dirt . I thought to myself .... might as well pan it out . Glad I did. It kind of got my springtime juices flowing ; ) John-gold.jpeg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread