HOT coils

BILLZO

Tenderfoot
Aug 12, 2008
Hello All,

After reading many reviews on Tesoro metal detectors I have decided to purchase the Vaquero in the spring. I also will be purchasing the 5.75 and larger DD coil. I noticed in the catalog that the optional coils are listed as HOT (which costs a little more) or not HOT and less cost. Am I reading the catalog right and that you can order these coils as either HOT or not? If this is the case, are the HOT coils worth the extra money? I am really looking forward to spring and the new metal detector. Thanks in advance for any information.

Bill

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
BILLZO said:
Hello All,

After reading many reviews on Tesoro metal detectors I have decided to purchase the Vaquero in the spring. I also will be purchasing the 5.75 and larger DD coil. I noticed in the catalog that the optional coils are listed as HOT (which costs a little more) or not HOT and less cost. Am I reading the catalog right and that you can order these coils as either HOT or not? If this is the case, are the HOT coils worth the extra money? I am really looking forward to spring and the new metal detector. Thanks in advance for any information.

Bill

Bill,

Your choice is basically buying optional DD or concentric coils. The answer really lies in how you intend to hunt. The type of target,depth,ground conditions,etc. Feel free to PM me , give me a call, or continue here on line. Whichever you chose, I'll try to help. Joe

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Follow Joe (USA)'s lead. He won't steer you wrong. :thumbsup: The Hothead coils are calibrated to be extra sensitive.

hugepossum

Jan 26, 2009
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero ; Discovery TF-900
BILLZO said:
Hello All,

Bill
Bill,
If you are buying a Vaquero, it is imperative that you buy only the High Output Technology (H.O.T.) coils. Tesoro's newest detectors (Cibola, Vaquero, Tejon, Lobo SuperTraq) can only use the HOT coils. Some people call these 4-pin whereas the older coils are referred to as 5-pin because of their plug setup where it goes into the detector.

The uMax coils are for Golden uMax, Silver uMax, and some of the other older models. These models are also good, you just have to make sure that you get the right coil for the right machines.

Good luck.

-hugepossum

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions