Hot Day Gives Sweat And Goodies

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow was it a hot and sticky day! I had PT for my shoulder and have been itching to get out so I brought my detector with me. I drove up to the farm and saw that they had turned one of the fields over!!
I went out there with minimal gear and started swinging with my not-so-coordinated left arm... I looked like a mess... But, it was worth it!!!
I was only out for about an hour and a half or so. I went over where I have found a colonial homestead. I found some pieces of stoneware and porcelain sitting right on top of the ground. This was a great start!
First signal was small and tight and pinging in the upper 70s-80s on my AT Pro. I found this small heart. I can't tell if it dates to the same era of colonial, but it sure is a cool find! I saw it as a possible sign of good health and peace, since I have been struggling physically and mentally due to my shoulder injury.
60721heart2.jpg 60721heart1.jpg 60721heart.jpg
About 5 feet or so away I started getting a nice signal and only about 3 inches down was this beautiful small tombac button with a little detail. Unfortunately, shankless
60721buttonf.jpg 60721buttonb.jpg 60721button.jpg
Another signal I had was hitting solid in the lower 80s. I had a feeling it was something decent, and then I pull this out... A copper nail? ???:icon_scratch: I put the nail right next to another nail I pulled right around in the same area. Weird, I have never imagined I would pull one of those. This this copper/brass?
60721nail2.jpg 60721nail.jpg 60721nail1.jpg
Here are pics of the surface finds and also the dreaded nail pile :laughing7: Not bad for a short hunt. Can't wait to head back out!!
60721stone.jpg 60721porc.jpg 60721iron.jpg
OH! I also made a friend who hitched a ride for about 5 minutes. I named him Fred... He was a fun fellow
60721cicada.jpg (My boots do not interfere with my detector) :icon_thumright:

CHEERS everyone!!

Upvote 16

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt..glad to see you getting back out there again
Be careful and don’t overdo things
sounds like the farm will reward you try to return again

OP
OP
HunterMF

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt..glad to see you getting back out there again
Be careful and don’t overdo things
sounds like the farm will reward you try to return again

Hey thanks billb. I'm definitely taking my time and trying not to use my right arm at all. I'm thinking of returning maybe sometime this week. We'll see what more I can save from here!

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Thanks RJ!

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Nice bunch of finds. I like that little heart...as well as your Brood 10 hunting partner. :laughing7:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The heart was a fairly popular symbol in colonial days and I believe your heart is 18th century like the button and the ceramics.

OP
OP
HunterMF

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The heart was a fairly popular symbol in colonial days and I believe your heart is 18th century like the button and the ceramics.

Thanks, Steve! I'm wondering if it was a pennant or charm. Either way it's cool haha

Nice bunch of finds. I like that little heart...as well as your Brood 10 hunting partner. :laughing7:

Thanks, Jeff! The heart is a neat find, I like the odd finds. My "helper" was very talkative! :tongue3:

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
way to beat the heat, great finds and heal swiftly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread