hot springs.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 590

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Well, what could you find wrong with that?
That place is beautiful and sittin on the porch with iced tea bout the dusk-dark time the lightning bugs and the frogs start with a few friends sittin with you could start a new religion and a better world.

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
When I was a kid, I mowed the lawn and raked the leaves for the owners of that house.

When the owners passed, I think they donated the house to the city of Hot Springs, and it sat vacant for many years.

The family that owned it also owned one of the largest pawn shops in the city.

Up behind the house is an old wagon road that led to the top of what was then an affluent area of town, just below the national park (tower mountain).

We used to follow that trail when coming down off the mountain. We were always finding old 'junk' - which these days probably wouldn't be considered junk.

There's an old lot nearby which used to be the only school in town - the school was torn down in the 20's, and the lot has been vacant since. I detected there in the late 1970's, and found some old pennies.

There are many interesting areas in and around Hot Springs. Some of the best are the old mineral spas which were thriving in the 1860's through the 1890's. These days, many of those places are overgrown lots on the outskirts of of the north side of town.

Venia

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2008
I've been curious as to what the metal detecting laws are in Hot Springs. There are a lot of interesting sites that I'd like to check out but I'm not sure what is "off limits".

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
Venia said:
I've been curious as to what the metal detecting laws are in Hot Springs. There are a lot of interesting sites that I'd like to check out but I'm not sure what is "off limits".

Everything in the national park and the federal reservation (which includes Bath House Row, and the mountains on either side of bath house row, and most of the mountains around Park Avenue), are off limits to metal detecting.

You can detect on private property if you get permission, and you can detect at the low water level around the bridges (where the horse ferries used to be) on Lake Hamilton, and there are many interesting sites in the mountains north and west of town.

If you stop in at the registration station, you can get a permit to detect on the beaches of Lake Ouachita.

Bill

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That beautiful old home is screaming someone fix me up so I can shine again. I love it.. The design is just beautiful.. thanks for showing us that one.. One can always dream.

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
Gypsy, A Castle for a sweet lady. I believe you have a lot of work ahead of you. but in 5 years you could flip it or have a big home to live in. I also bought an old house built before the civil war. It was rustic and had a wood stove for heat. But no insulation in the walls and we couldn't stay warm in winter, had to live in one room to stay warm. But we got a good buy on it. and after spending a bundle to have insulation blown in the walls, plus a furnace put in were like bugs in a rug. along with $25.000 in other updates.
But it's our home now, payed for! So it can be done with time. However your Castle is bigger then mine. So if we don't see as much of you on T,Net we can understand why.
Why the move Gypsy? Thought you had a good set up where you was?
And yes, let us know if the place haunted? I say that because mine was and still is. But it's like Casper the friendly ghost. Seen, heard,and been touched.
And do your research on the past property owners, there could be a bundle buried there. GOLLY! Maybe you know something we don't. Anyway good luck in your new home. And all the best.

badluck

Feb 26, 2008
central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garretts
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was recently over in Hot Springs and saw that house. It was on Whitttington Ave. across from the Presb. Church. Looked fairly run down and had that tape all around with plenty of "keep out" signs.

badluck

Feb 26, 2008
central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garretts
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update...update...update...

Apparently this place was called Bella Vista when new and was a hotel. It was recently bought by some people that plan to restore it and offer tours.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our family will be making a Christmas Vacation trip to Hot Springs, AR in Dec-2021 (hopefully the state of our country/world doesn't change those plans) And I'm trying to find some good places to detect... preferably on land, as I can imagine how cold it'll be at that time of the year. Is there anyone left on here that could offer some good areas that won't be illegal? I could certainly detect around our waterfront cabin, and likely will. Just seeing what else is out there. I've got a buddy up near Fayetteville, but that'll probably be a bit too far to go detecting during the short time we're there with family.

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread