Hot Wheels cars

Coinzapper

Dec 7, 2008
Lansford. PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Modified, Tesoro Tejon. Garrett 1500, Fisher CoinStrike, Tek G2, tek omega.

Attachments

• Cars 1.jpg
    Cars 1.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 2,737
  • Cars B.jpg
    Cars B.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 746
S

stefen

Thrashed and no tire tread left... ;D

Turbo Carreara is probably early 80's model...

So maybe 30 years of age...

Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Late 70's. That's not "old" to me but it may be to you. :wink:

DCMatt

Upvote 0

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
In the bottom photo of the cars upside down...the one on the right looks like it has a date 1974 on it... is that what I am reading? Hard to tell. Some of the older cars had dates printed on the bottom. I can't see anything on the car on the left. oh wait...the one on the left looks like 1978 on it...

Upvote 0

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
The older & most valuable Hotwheels cars are the ones with redline tires. The tires have a red line around them where the white part would be on a whitewall. They generally have to be in excellent condition to be worth much. Yours are neither but are still fun to find. Yours are also dated on the bottom so I'm a little confused as to why you would ask how old they are..

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
They are a lot older than Piggys Piggnutts and we talked about them here at TN for years. :D ::)

Check eBay for value.

Upvote 0
S

stefen

bigcypresshunter said:
They are a lot older than Piggys Piggnutts and we talked about them here at TN for years. :D ::)

Check eBay for value.

Alright...you've just crossed the line...

Stop embarrassing Piggy

Upvote 0

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know anything about hot wheels, so I'm just asking for information here..... is the date necessarily the year they were made, or is it a copyright date that would not have changed over the time they made them? Seeing how much some are worth these days makes me wish we hadn't played "junkyard" with the ones I had as a kid.... :-\

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
stefen said:
bigcypresshunter said:

Check eBay for value.

Alright...you've just crossed the line...

Stop embarrassing Piggy
Ive considered the possibility that Piggy played us all for fools. He almost cashed in. I think he could have sold them on eBay for a decent price because of the publicity but $1000.00 was just too high for a starting bid. Only recently have I come to the realization that what we say here has some small affect on the collectors market. I ruined it all for him.

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a little about cars but I don't know a thing about pig nuts. But we use to call cracklings "Piggie Pops", and I use to own a classic Porsche. M ::) nty

Upvote 0

coinmaster2db

Jun 25, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
NOLA_Ken said:
is the date necessarily the year they were made, or is it a copyright date that would not have changed over the time they made them?

Yes, the date is the original copyright date. There are some popular models that you can get new that still have dates in the '70's. They'll change up the paint scheme, but the date will stay the same.

Upvote 0

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NHBandit said:
The older & most valuable Hotwheels cars are the ones with redline tires. The tires have a red line around them where the white part would be on a whitewall. They generally have to be in excellent condition to be worth much. Yours are neither but are still fun to find. Yours are also dated on the bottom so I'm a little confused as to why you would ask how old they are..
The dates on the bottom are not when it was made, it dates the first year of casting, the white porsh if in execellent condition would be worth about ten bucks

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hello Coinzapper, the green check is just to keep the forum organized. Its to be posted only if you are satisfied with the responses. It was just a friendly reminder.

Is there anything else you would like to know about your Hot Wheels?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Coinzapper

Coinzapper

Dec 7, 2008
Lansford. PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Modified, Tesoro Tejon. Garrett 1500, Fisher CoinStrike, Tek G2, tek omega.
bigcypresshunter said:
Hello Coinzapper, the green check is just to keep the forum organized. Its to be posted only if you are satisfied with the responses. It was just a friendly reminder.

Did not know this. Thanks Hunter!

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Coinzapper said:
bigcypresshunter said:

Did not know this. Thanks Hunter!
Thanks for posting your items for us to look at. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions