Household Sluice Material for a Highbanker

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
I am in the process of building another very, very, very cheap high banker ($20 invested so far :headbang:). I have the grizzly/classifier, spray bar and sluice box built already. I will post it as soon as it is complete. I just need some suggestions for riffles, expanded material and carpeting.

Carpeting
I do have a 3' length of miners moss but need some additional material or the remainder 2' of the sluice box. I do have a cheap doormat.

Has anyone ever tried one?

Expanded Material
As far as expanded material I do have some plastic as shown below.
P1010031.jpg

P1010032.jpg

I'm thinking I could flip the material face down to create little eddies but worried that since the bottom of the material is flat, gold will just run over the top.

What do you guys think?

Riffles
The riffles I was thinking of doing the same thing as I did for my $0 hillbilly sluice. Cutting 1X material at a 30-45 degree angle and space them 2"-3" apart.

Will this work?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Any household suggestions would be appreciated also. I want to get this done before the weekend because I will be spend 3 days in beautiful Sierra County at my cabin.

PS: Sorry pville I would have thrown you an invite for this one but it's going to be a family affair but we are still on for the weekend of the 24th and 25th.

riverrunner814

Feb 14, 2009
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Looking good so far. Just going to be a heavy to move to the water. Post end results like to see it finnished. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread