Esto Perpetua

Greenie
Feb 8, 2021
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 - Tesoro Bandido II Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Myself and my long time GF just had our J&J shots yesterday, hers was around 11am and mine at 3pm. 24 Hours later, and no real bad side effects that we can tell. I did wake up and eat breakfast, then went back to bed for a few hours. I might have had a minor headache, or maybe I drank a few too many beers last night. Arm isn't too sore, and I feel fine.Most of our family and co-workers / friends have all recieved the Moderna (All of them fully vaccinated also) and didn't report any strange side-effects either. We are the only ones who have had the one shot J&J. There was a steady stream of people coming and going yesterday, and it was handled really well I think.

So far, so good. I'll admit, I was a bit reluctant to get the jab, but in the end.... I feel that it's worth it.

Best of luck out there folks.
T

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
I sit here typing on my tablet with a oxygen cannula attached to my face because of Covid. I was out of work for a month, went back yesterday and made it 4 hours before I left. I'm exhausted. And still get winded walking short distances. Covid is no joke and is much more than a cold like some people think. I'm 48 and currently feel like I'm 90. This is the worst I have ever felt from a virus.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sit here typing on my tablet with a oxygen cannula attached to my face because of Covid. I was out of work for a month, went back yesterday and made it 4 hours before I left. I'm exhausted. And still get winded walking short distances. Covid is no joke and is much more than a cold like some people think. I'm 48 and currently feel like I'm 90. This is the worst I have ever felt from a virus.

Wow, sounds terrible!

Appreciate you sharing the reality of it.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other

Sorry you have to endure the virus and nobody is denying the virus exists, but it still should NOT be forced upon people the masks or the vaccine. Funny that you make no mention or speculation as to how you got it or if you took any precautions and what they were. I hope you recover fully.

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
Sorry you have to endure the virus and nobody is denying the virus exists, but it still should NOT be forced upon people the masks or the vaccine. Funny that you make no mention or speculation as to how you got it or if you took any precautions and what they were. I hope you recover fully.

I'm not for forcing anyone to take a vaccine or anything like that. I got from my wife, who got it after dropping off a gift for her friend's 5 year old on her birthday. So did 20 other people that attended the gathering. It came out after people were starting to get sick that there was a person that came to the girls birthday that had tested positive the prior week and had very mild symptoms. As far as myself I didn't attend and am always conscious of hand hygiene and have worn a mask where I had to. Of course I don't wear a mask at home or in the car. I didn't post my prior message to shame people, but to let others know there is another side to the Covid mess. A lot of people over 40 are having a rough time with this virus, the new strains, especially B117, are messing up younger people as well. It's not a fun ride. I originally thought Covid wasn't that serious and that it was being overblown. Until I caught it. I was wrong. I hope no one on this forum gets it as it can really kick your ass.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not for forcing anyone to take a vaccine or anything like that. I got from my wife, who got it after dropping off a gift for her friend's 5 year old on her birthday. So did 20 other people that attended the gathering. It came out after people were starting to get sick that there was a person that came to the girls birthday that had tested positive the prior week and had very mild symptoms. As far as myself I didn't attend and am always conscious of hand hygiene and have worn a mask where I had to. Of course I don't wear a mask at home or in the car. I didn't post my prior message to shame people, but to let others know there is another side to the Covid mess. A lot of people over 40 are having a rough time with this virus, the new strains, especially B117, are messing up younger people as well. It's not a fun ride. I originally thought Covid wasn't that serious and that it was being overblown. Until I caught it. I was wrong. I hope no one on this forum gets it as it can really kick your ass.

Again, thanks for sharing!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all just became to politicized right from the very beginning. There is zero doubt that of wearing mask and practicing social distancing, etc., help to prevent the spreading of viruses, this having always been the very nature of how they spread. As for the vaccines, nothing new at all in required vaccinations for many international travels, those accepted requirements have been in place for a long time. It's just too bad that so many bad actors were allowed to make this thing so political. That should have never happened.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Purpose of thread is for people who have had the vaccine to share their experiences, it is not for pro or anti vaccine debate.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last March I started experiencing bouts of high blood pressure, in and out of hospital 18 times over next couple of months, during that time I tested both positive and negative for the virus. My entire year last year was miserable, lost a lot of weight, had trouble breathing at times, became extremely weak and always tired. Just now starting to come out of it but not without lingering issues. Had my vaccine shots (Mederna) in mid-March and again two weeks later at end of that month. Zero side effects and my lingering issues seem to be getting better, with the exception of one, since the vaccine I seem to be getting much better looking.....lol

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
Last March I started experiencing bouts of high blood pressure, in and out of hospital 18 times over next couple of months, during that time I tested both positive and negative for the virus. My entire year last year was miserable, lost a lot of weight, had trouble breathing at times, became extremely weak and always tired. Just now starting to come out of it but not without lingering issues. Had my vaccine shots (Mederna) in mid-March and again two weeks later at end of that month. Zero side effects and my lingering issues seem to be getting better, with the exception of one, since the vaccine I seem to be getting much better looking.....lol

Sorry to hear that and I am glad you are starting to feel better.

potsherd_creek

Jan 12, 2021
Virginia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was going to wait until fall of the year to "maybe" get vaccinated. Then family members pleading, nearly in tears, to get vax and co-workers [mostly the same people] asking several times a week if i'm getting the vax who seemingly forgot my answer, was causing me stress. SO tomorrow getting first shot of Moderna, then might go get a T-shirt made up, with "YES I HAVE BEEN VAXXED, SHUT UP".

LaTxHunter

Aug 21, 2011
My wife and I both were given the Pfizer shots. I didnt have any reaction and my wife got a bump at the injection site. No one in my family has had any problems from the shot or virus. My oldest son got COVID while in Navy Boot Camp, but he's just got a nagging cough.

However, I knew several people who caught it and didnt make it. Another one has been on a ventilator for months.

potsherd_creek

Jan 12, 2021
Virginia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was going to wait until fall of the year to "maybe" get vaccinated. Then family members pleading, nearly in tears, to get vax and co-workers [mostly the same people] asking several times a week if i'm getting the vax who seemingly forgot my answer, was causing me stress. SO tomorrow getting first shot of Moderna, then might go get a T-shirt made up, with "YES I HAVE BEEN VAXXED, SHUT UP".

Received the 1st shot today, 2nd will be in a month, nurse giving injection said that I had tough skin ?? You know, glad that I am doing this, thanks to my family who care, God bless them !

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My one daughter and son in law in NY have had the J&J shot. No issues. The other daughter in California not eligible for it yet...California, the land time forgot.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
So I got my 2nd shot of Moderna yesterday and I'm almost symptom free excepting a bit of soreness in my arm that is far less than what it was the 1st time around. No redness either. I'm wondering if they shot me with water given that most people still have symptoms on the 2nd shot that equal or exceed the 1st shot symptoms.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My one daughter and son in law in NY have had the J&J shot. No issues. The other daughter in California not eligible for it yet...California, the land time forgot.

California in open for 16 and above.

My entire family will be in "the safe zone" after this weekend except for a granddaughter who is only 14.

God Bless the Doctors and Scientists!!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I got my 2nd shot of Moderna yesterday and I'm almost symptom free excepting a bit of soreness in my arm that is far less than what it was the 1st time around. No redness either. I'm wondering if they shot me with water given that most people still have symptoms on the 2nd shot that equal or exceed the 1st shot symptoms.

I didn't experience anything different between the first or second shot, nothing noticeable anyway.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't experience anything different between the first or second shot, nothing noticeable anyway.

That's my point as my 1st shot I had soreness and redness at the injection site and a bit of sniffles, but barely any soreness showed for the 2nd and that lasted maybe a few hours with no redness or sniffles or any other symptoms. I had a large drop in symptoms on my 2nd shot.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife got 2nd Moderna yesterday, was tired and kinda off this am, but she seems better now. She expects to be fine tomorrow.
I got the Pfizers, and both times my arm was tender for a day or two, but that’s it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread