How are all of our Ukrainian Tnet friends doing?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Where to go detecting in Ukraine?

Western, Central, and Southern parts of the country are the best regions for detectorists. According to local hobbyists, the most treasure-bearing areas in the country are the Azov Sea and the Black Sea coastlines, where the signs of antiquities are present almost everywhere, both on land as well as underwater.

Underwater detecting is also extremely popular in Ukraine. However, underwater treasure hunting in the Zov and the Black Sea areas can also be very dangerous due to the abundance of unexploded bombs, projectiles, naval mines, and submarine torpedoes that are still resting amount the other antiques on the bottom of the sea.

Last edited:

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
Terrible what is happening there. The reasons given for the attack are insane.
I heard the terms used to describe Ukraine "drug addicted nazis" "a threat to Russia". Words of an utter madman.
I hope and pray the best for them.

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m betting the propaganda the Russian military that was real. I bet they thought they were going to be welcomed with open arms and flowers thrown at them. Sovereignty and democracy wins at the end of the day and people from all walks will fight for it. Bless them .

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terrible what is happening there. The reasons given for the attack are insane.
I heard the terms used to describe Ukraine "drug addicted nazis" "a threat to Russia". Words of an utter madman.
I hope and pray the best for them.
That thinking is very genocide like! Like Hitler deciding to kill all of the, "oh so bad to him" Jews.

I understand my ancestry relatives have Jewish markers in their DNA. I haven't been able to prove I do too.
I would be proud.

I am an empath and keep crying when I watch the news.
I looked on the French news and they are bringing in machines for Ukraine defense just like the Germans are. I hope they move fast. Or NATO takes Ukraine as an immediate member and Putin HAS to Give Up!!!! I am guessing Putin is going senile and it's part of the reason why this is happening.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
That thinking is very genocide like! Like Hitler deciding to kill all of the, "oh so bad to him" Jews.

I understand my ancestry relatives have Jewish markers in their DNA. I haven't been able to prove I do too.
I would be proud.

I am an empath and keep crying when I watch the news.
I looked on the French news and they are bringing in machines for Ukraine defense just like the Germans are. I hope they move fast. Or NATO takes Ukraine as an immediate member and Putin HAS to Give Up!!!! I am guessing Putin is going senile and it's part of the reason why this is happening.
Its hard not to get a tear in the eye seeing it. I find it difficult to believe the sanctions being imposed will stop him. Too much pride to back down.
I saw just before on our news our Prime Minister has committed to supply arms, his words I think was lethal aid. How we get it to them I don't know. Someone suggested we will pay for it to be supplied from elsewhere. How though it can be delivered to them would be pretty difficult getting past the Russians id imagine.
I just wish it would stop.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least several weeks ago, I discovered something very disturbing. Was searching for more satellite image sources online. This link came up in English and Russian also. I clicked on both, each went to a Russian mapper source (and results same for both). By default, went to a street in St Petersburg Russia. Satellite maps had Russian on lt. Mapper site will prompt you to click translate but doesn't change text on image.
Decided to try Russian mapper for here in US. Put in Miami, FL. A red bookmark pin came up left panel to click on text Miami, Florida USA. So, click on it and brought up Miami airport. On runway was a jet plane halfway takeoff lane turned sideway with a red bullseye on the middle. It was zoomed down so close all parked jets visible. Looked like poles/fence was knocked down next to turned jet on runway. Added map now, maybe only white paint lines? What with all the pencil lines?

Actually, wasn't just searching for a mapper. I got a PM, with a cell phone satellite map attached to message. Looked at map, upper left on app was the Turkish flag. Looked to be normal cell phone screenshot with url containing .ru

Attachments

• 2022-01-27-screenshot (1).jpg
    2022-01-27-screenshot (1).jpg
    614.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 2022-01-27-screenshot (1)B.jpg
    2022-01-27-screenshot (1)B.jpg
    599.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 2022-01-27-screenshot (1)C.jpg
    2022-01-27-screenshot (1)C.jpg
    696.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the poles probably are standing, depending on how you look at them. Could be just optical illusion from satellite image down so close. But still can't explain all the pencil lines.

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Anyone out there in Ukraine on Tnet? I hope y’all are staying safe, our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Won't be long now until we are saying the same for our Taiwanese friends. Anyone know why Puting went into Ukraine? Can't seem to find that answer anywhere. War sucks.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone out there in Ukraine on Tnet? I hope y’all are staying safe, our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Won't be long now until we are saying the same for our Taiwanese friends. Anyone know why Puting went into Ukraine? Can't seem to find that answer anywhere. War sucks.

That's what they did to build the former Soviet Union. When they took over Ukraine, Russia put a red star on top of a building (a symbolic act). Ukraine went up and removed the red star off the building. PisssssD Russia so they invaded taking first Crimea over. Putin regrets collapse of Soviet Union.

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
WTH is going on with this bs nuke talk, these guys have lost their minds.
Lukashenko knows nuke weapons dont have to be moved, there on a missile
they can reach thousands of miles, simple google search will tell you that

President Vladimir Putin put Russia's nuclear deterrent on high alert on Sunday in the face of a barrage of Western
reprisals for his war on Ukraine, which said it had repelled Russian ground forces attacking its biggest cities.
Putin puts nuclear deterrent on alert

"If you (the West) transfer nuclear weapons to Poland or Lithuania, to our borders, then I will turn
to Putin to return the nuclear weapons that I gave away without any conditions," Lukashenko said.
Belarus referendum approves proposal to renounce non-nuclear status - agencies

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTH is going on with this bs nuke talk, these guys have lost their minds.
Lukashenko knows nuke weapons dont have to be moved, there on a missile
they can reach thousands of miles, simple google search will tell you that

President Vladimir Putin put Russia's nuclear deterrent on high alert on Sunday in the face of a barrage of Western
reprisals for his war on Ukraine, which said it had repelled Russian ground forces attacking its biggest cities.
Putin puts nuclear deterrent on alert

"If you (the West) transfer nuclear weapons to Poland or Lithuania, to our borders, then I will turn
to Putin to return the nuclear weapons that I gave away without any conditions," Lukashenko said.
Belarus referendum approves proposal to renounce non-nuclear status - agencies
Just like US military there are different stages of readiness for military and nuclear missiles, in US it is called Defcon, Defcon 5 to Defcon 1, 1 being the verge of war 5 being normal military readiness.

During the Cuban Missile Crisis US military was at Defcon 2

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread