How Are You All?

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello all.........Haven't checked in in a while. A rolling cab is a money making cab. I find myself many places doing pick ups and drop offs and see so many potential hunting spots it hurts. I am thinking of going over to hunt with my brother this Saturday. He's found some good stuff where they are tearing down old buildings in his area. 3 hour drive, I'm torn between going and driving 6 hours total. I do so much driving during the week it's hard to get motivated for a trip like that. BUT........the potential finds tug me the other direction. What would you do? :icon_scratch:

roceda

Nov 12, 2007
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Take a cab.LOL. ;D I would be tempted to go to your brothers hunting spots . If I were available, I would drive you up there and if asked, would hunt with you/ Ron.

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New area, new spot, thats all good. Take the journey, it'll probably be worth it!

Steve ;D

ZenAgain

Nov 2, 2007
Fort Polk LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2
He decided to come. :) We spent two days hunting 5 different spots but the pickings were a bit slim. I picked up my second Barber Dime (Date will have to await electrolysis) and we picked up a ton of relics and whatnots. I think his best find was the trip to Fort Polk (Where he was based from 84-88) and finding his old barracks and whatnot. We got some fairly good pics that one or both of us will post. Next time, hopefully he'll warn me "ahead" of time so I can get some research done before we hunt. :P

Also: Speaking of research, another of my finds from this weekend...

http://louisdl.louislibraries.org/index.php?location=PARISH

Enjoy

A

Atticus Finch

CI Guy said:
Take a cab.LOL. ;D I would be tempted to go to your brothers hunting spots . If I were available, I would drive you up there and if asked, would hunt with you/ Ron.

;D

roceda

Nov 12, 2007
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well Mr. Finch, that wasn't ridicule, if you know what that means. That was a little jesting on my part. Shane and I have talked back and forth on occasion and he knows how to take what I said. :tongue3:

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
So Troy, did you get back out to "neme" after research? I havnt heard from you. I hope I can get back down there soon and we can concentrate just on that area. Let me know what your finding. CI guy, sorry I havnt replied yet. I did end up going down there, what a drive!! One week end we need to hook up and split the gasoline and hunt there where Troy is. He does good research on his area and he finds some good things. He doesnt really post alot about his finds but he has found some nice old coins. Cheers, Shane

ZenAgain

Nov 2, 2007
Fort Polk LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2
Haven't been back there but I "did" do a ton of research, I now know where the saloons and cat houses were. Did Mr. Johnny's again today and found a 60's coinspill (Under a root at like 7 inches), then 5 feet away found a 57 silver dime at 1 1/2 inches. Head scratcher....

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You a diggin' boy you!!

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm still working out the details but will come up soon to hit those spots again. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread