How did you hear about Treasurenet.com - Treasure Hunting Community

tiki

Jul 7, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google

We are always interested in finding out how you found our site.

If you can please let us know if you found us on another forum, via Google or Bing or a friend perhaps? Or any other method.

This helps us determine what areas seem to be working for us (as far as letting people know about us) or what areas we made need to work on to help get the word out.

Thanks!
Google

jcx

Tenderfoot
Aug 29, 2018
TX
Detector(s) used
Eyes; ears; nose; and sense of touch (I'm new to this)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google search for Texas shipwrecks and treasure hunters.

Rick Dangerous

Sep 12, 2018
St. Albans, VT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was brought here by a book: Metal Detecting: A Beginner's Guide: to Mastering the Greatest Hobby In the World
Smith, Mark

He referenced this site in the "resources" section. Loving it! (the book and this site!) There is nothing in the book I couldn't have learned online, but sometimes when you are getting into something it's nice to just sit down and read a book about it.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋

h2oBeeps

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2018
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett GTA 350, Bounty Hunter Legacy, Quest xpointer, Quest scubatector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was searching "metal detecting" on the play store because I'm a nerd! By the way there are a bunch of apps that turn your phone into a metal detector. I haven't tried any of them yet.

donquixote

Tenderfoot
Sep 29, 2018
Old Spanish Trail
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I provide scientific rigor and a strong sense of skepticism to friends who have asked me about prospecting, treasure hunting, archeology and a general sense of curiosity. Thus through their inquiries, I came across this site.

Oct 2, 2018
PA, IN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello!

Hi everyone! I found this site by getting caught down a Wikipedia clickhole of artifacts. One thing led to another and somehow Google brought up a list of webpages that led me here. I lurked here for a few weeks before creating an account, and I find myself getting sucked further and further into this fourm. I couldn't help myself from joining. :laughing9:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was searching the internet when I came across this forum. It is a great forum with a lot of great folks who share the same common interest of detecting whether it is relic hunting, coin and jewelry hunting, or prospecting. The folks here are quick to help out anyone starting out in the hobby or anyone with any questions concerning finds or related questions to detecting. I'm proud to be a member here and enjoy the fellowship of others enjoying our hobby.:icon_thumleft:

CygnusX1

Jun 19, 2018
Covington, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll, Minelab Equinox 600 - Nokta Pinpointer, Xtreme scoop and handle.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found Treasurenet by a Google search, and I'm glad I did!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the site when I googled a metal detecting question, since then I found a few other metal detecting forum, but I never go to them anymore as this is the best one out there by far!

Dragonscout

Nov 1, 2018
Warner Robins, Ga
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO (formerly) - Tesoro Mojave, and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided a few months ago I wanted to get back into metal detecting when I realized I wasn't gonna be able to keep riding my motorcycle. I ran across a metal detecting video of a guy on the beach and thought about how I got into metal detecting in the first place. A great deal on an MXT Pro and joining the Midwest Artifact Society. So I looked up forums. After a couple of days on another site, it seemed limited in membership. Then I read a thread about Tnet. That was it...joined immediately and haven't looked back. Learned a bunch about the newer tech and even met another Treasurenet member ATPro Don for coffee. Joined the group here in middle Georgia and hope to get to get a Nox 800 based on everything I've read here and members videos, including Calabash's vids. Glad to know y'all and hope to be an asset in the future...

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋

Eagleone1025

Jan 21, 2019
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just by luck. I was and still am very frustrated that there aren't any groups that meet for these hobbies. Or at least none that I am aware of. So, I started searching and found this forum. Hope it is what I am looking for.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just by luck. I was and still am very frustrated that there aren't any groups that meet for these hobbies. Or at least none that I am aware of. So, I started searching and found this forum. Hope it is what I am looking for.

Welcome to TreasureNet. There are local clubs in many towns and areas. What city and state are you in?

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember my first time hearing of this site was after seeing a YouTube video of some guy talking about a coin worth over $10,000 that someone someone found metal detecting, the video showed the guy looking at the thread about it on TreasureNet (I don't think the video was made by the guy who found the coin). That video might have even been the thing that made me want to buy a metal detector eventually. This was in late 2012 or early 2013. I lurked on the site until February, then joined as a coin roll hunter, though I knew I was going to buy a metal detector by spring. I probably never would have stuck with the hobby if it wasn't for this site, and never met so many great people who share the same great hobby.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread