How is the beach detecting in San Diego ?

TwistedElvis

Aug 4, 2014
Sunny San Diego
Detector(s) used
Minilab CTX 3030 / Excalibur II 1000 / Tesoro Sand Shark / Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Other
Pacific Beach, La Jolla Cove and La Jolla Shores are a few good places after a crowd.
I usually go early or late to beat the crowds at our busy beaches down here.

Roadrunner007

Feb 23, 2015
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQUINOX 800 BHID300, Spectra V3i, TDI Pro, 6000Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck .....Hope you find some Gold!

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
To be very honest and it's not one of those, don't tread on my honey-pot fibs-- right now it's not good. Two of us with mod'd excals comb mission regularly and we regularly get a couple of bucks after several hrs of hunting. It's a better beach come end of summer. Right now you'll find a few quarters here and there from daily drops but that's the best of it. Any beach hit after a holiday on the towel line might be cause for a upgraded burrito but for now it's slim.

Last edited:

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been a prospector/nugget shooter long time now and since I live in San Diego I finally got around to buying a beach machine (sand shark), man's processed gold I'll take as readily as lode or placer.

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Cool. I have a drywasher and a dry-vac. Have found gold in big bear and hit up some spots in AZ but haven't had any luck there yet. Went to Mission Beach in San Diego tonight from 10pm til 330am... I made one dollar per hr.....This is getting old fast! I don't understand how people can up and leave some of the stuff that they leave. I came across two large bags side by side on the beach FULL of unopened chicken salads/pasta salads, fruits, snacks, gatorades.. etc.. probably 35.00 worth of stuff. I didn't touch it just because but it was just left there. Shoes, towels, clothes. What's the emergency people? Don't .... I mean DOOO forget your watches and jewelry please!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
No need to consider Carlsbad (for MD or swimming); 70,000 cubic yards of sand (and crud) is being dredged from the power station lagoon to the beaches to the north--up to Carlsbad Village Drive.
Don.......

OP
OP
S

streetglide

Aug 17, 2011
Santa Barbara ca.
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Excal. 800, 1000
Primary Interest:
Well thats the same here in Santa Barbara. I have 4 days in San Diego will make the best of it. It could be worse, being dragged to the mall with the wife. Good luck Joe

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
It could be worse, being dragged to the mall with the wife. Good luck Joe
GOOD GOD those days were HELL. I'm glad I don't deal w/that anymore....

As for Carlsbad..... I know what you guys are up to.... :P

Last edited:

SocalJim

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easter will be the middle of spring break in San Diego and there are lots of families on the beach both locals and tourists Good Luck and enjoy your stay.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Lots of college kids at Pacific beach... They used to allow drinking on the sand there. Not sure if that's true anymore.
I would think spring break would bring them out. I know we're having fairly warm weather a little north here in the OC

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
people drink but people are not allowed to drink. Which makes drinking all the more enticing to most people if you ask me. Peak season is just around the corner. It HAS to improve...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread