How is the Legend in mineralized fresh water lakes ?

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have any first hand knowledge, but I have seen quite a few YouTube videos of guys using it in wet sand at the beach and another guy in Florida goes in the water(ocean) with his.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can only speak from my personal experience on the ground I detect which is on the extreme side of mineralization and heavy salt content, I run in GB tracking a lot, because of how rapidly my ground changes in GB values, my ground is very very variable and again it changes rapidly in GB values.

I do not detect salt water beaches, so I am speaking of inland extreme ground.

When I activate the mineralization meter on my Legend which was added in the 1.08 now 1.09 version, on the Left side of that meter is for Iron articles on the right siide of that same meter is for salt content, when I activate that meter on the ground I detect it literally pegs the left side at 10 bars of iron particles I.E (Magnetite) on the right side of that meter on my ground has 5-7 bars of salt content, in the 1.09 version I could get my Legend to calm down somewhat by lowering my sensitivity down to 15-19, but now since I have installed the 1.11 current version I can now run my sensitivity up to 26- max of 30 and my Legend runs very very stable on the same ground that I was once only able to get sensitivity to a max of 19 most of the time I was only able to run my sens to 16 now I can run a lot higher sensitivity than I was previously able to achieve, as I stated I have never detected salt water beaches with my Legend so I do not use the beach mode and can not tell you how a legend will or does perform on salt beaches, I will say that it runs very very good on highly mineralized ground, which is what I detect on 90-95% of the time

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ran legends all of last year's water season in freshwater, often spots with lot's of magnetic black sand. At first, it wasn't doing as well as I'd hoped, but after a couple hunts an update came out and things got much better. After that, they ran well and was able to dial it in easily to run stable, at higher sens and getting deep targets. I think I recall raising the iron tone break up a number, compared to what I was running on dry land. Not sure now, with the latest update again.... but should be more able to cope now

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A lot of metal detectorists on YouTube are having good results on the beach. Gigmaster has switched over to running a Legend on the beach and farm fields all the time. Fresh water doesn't ever seem to have been a problem for the Legend.

OP
OP
NWMP

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all gentlemen. I will re read what you posted once my back ordered machine comes in. I'm as ignorant as a stump right now, so much of this will make sense once the machine is in hand. I did two years of the Simplex and with the smaller sp24 ? coil, it is a very sweet unit for cladding and ordinary depth rings.

OP
OP
NWMP

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only speak from my personal experience on the ground I detect which is on the extreme side of mineralization and heavy salt content, I run in GB tracking a lot, because of how rapidly my ground changes in GB values, my ground is very very variable and again it changes rapidly in GB values.

I do not detect salt water beaches, so I am speaking of inland extreme ground.

When I activate the mineralization meter on my Legend which was added in the 1.08 now 1.09 version, on the Left side of that meter is for Iron articles on the right siide of that same meter is for salt content, when I activate that meter on the ground I detect it literally pegs the left side at 10 bars of iron particles I.E (Magnetite) on the right side of that meter on my ground has 5-7 bars of salt content, in the 1.09 version I could get my Legend to calm down somewhat by lowering my sensitivity down to 15-19, but now since I have installed the 1.11 current version I can now run my sensitivity up to 26- max of 30 and my Legend runs very very stable on the same ground that I was once only able to get sensitivity to a max of 19 most of the time I was only able to run my sens to 16 now I can run a lot higher sensitivity than I was previously able to achieve, as I stated I have never detected salt water beaches with my Legend so I do not use the beach mode and can not tell you how a legend will or does perform on salt beaches, I will say that it runs very very good on highly mineralized ground, which is what I detect on 90-95% of the time
This is pretty much literaly the information that I was seeking, thank you sir, and others who responded. My machine came in last week. I charged it up and played around on it a bit. Im already zipping around on the display, its truly a feature packed machine! It came with version 1.04 ? I believe, and it was easy to install v1.11. That is wonderful news that v1.11 is even better in mineralized soil. There are spots around here that go white with salt around many prairie sloughs.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have not been UNDER water, but in the salt water here on the Treasure Coast of FL in performs very well. I detect in Beach W, all metal, and only adjust Tones to have an idea of what I just detected, and occasionally Sensitivity. Good luck. Oh, and I use Beach D on the volleyball sand.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is pretty much literaly the information that I was seeking, thank you sir, and others who responded. My machine came in last week. I charged it up and played around on it a bit. Im already zipping around on the display, its truly a feature packed machine! It came with version 1.04 ? I believe, and it was easy to install v1.11. That is wonderful news that v1.11 is even better in mineralized soil. There are spots around here that go white with salt around many prairie sloughs.
It is quite surprising to me that Legend users that just recently recieved their Legends with in the Last couple of weeks or even the Last couple of moths are still being sent Legends with versions all the way back to 1.04 which was the very first ones that came out, it is just simply astounding that there is 1.04 versions still in dealers new in box

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread