How many of you USE a sling to Help support your Detector ?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife bought me the ML Pro-swing 45 a few years back, they aren’t cheap but work great.
I don’t don’t care to use it much anymore as it’s a bit cumbersome for me, but it makes my heavy machine feel light as a feather. Great for long term hunts.

Steve Ia

Aug 22, 2010
If you do use one would you please tell us what machine and what type of Sling and how you like it

Thanks in Advance
I use a sling for my Equinox, Simplex, and Minelab X Terra. My shoulders I guess are worn out from 40 years of detecting and 39 years of being a power lineman and using the compression tool for connectors. Many linemen have the same problem. I know some have gotten shoulder replacement surgery. So swinging anything but a lightweight detector causes me a lot of pain without a harness. I use one that I fabricated from a weedeater harness from Amazon for about $12. Other than it takes a minute to put it on it makes your detector seem weightless and adds hours to my hunts. I do have a couple of Tesoros that are so light a harness is not needed and I'm sure a Deus would work also.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a sling for my Equinox, Simplex, and Minelab X Terra. My shoulders I guess are worn out from 40 years of detecting and 39 years of being a power lineman and using the compression tool for connectors. Many linemen have the same problem. I know some have gotten shoulder replacement surgery. So swinging anything but a lightweight detector causes me a lot of pain without a harness. I use one that I fabricated from a weedeater harness from Amazon for about $12. Other than it takes a minute to put it on it makes your detector seem weightless and adds hours to my hunts. I do have a couple of Tesoros that are so light a harness is not needed and I'm sure a Deus would work also.
Steve these are the replys i am looking for. Thank you so VERY much for taking the time to share with us 111

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to find out where one can purchase slings for metal detectors or are they custom made which I could probably do for myself.............

FRYCinA

Jan 8, 2022
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to find out where one can purchase slings for metal detectors or are they custom made which I could probably do for myself.............
I found better results searching for weed eater slings than detector slings. At least with my experience, what I saw were more variety, higher quality, and less expensive than something "designed" for metal detectors.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using slings for detectors for about 13 years.

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the Detector Pro Detecting Pal bungee harness with the Fisher CZ-21 & Equinox 800 with the 11” coil. It works very good.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a camelpak hydration back for drinking water and it came with a D link built into the pack, I connect a Bungie to my detector and the other end to the Camelbak, supports my detector and I have ice cold water with me.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember you using one when we met about 7 years ago now.
Yep, I have been using them for at least 13 years, which allows me to also let go of the detector to dig in deep water, detector hangs by my side, coil down controls up by my shoulder.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i have several myself... had them for over 10 years... used them a few times.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i have several myself... had them for over 10 years... used them a few times.
I don't hunt without one.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bought a new CTX3030 last month. Also the Minelab Pro Swing 45. It is a must for me. Without it, I can only swing about 30 min. With it can swing until I just get tired. A pain in the rear to lug to the car with my back back and CTX. Key to this swing harness is to get it adjusted properly so it will work properly.
Bungie cord was critical in its placement on the shaft for me. First put it on the shaft below the control box handle and they made my wrist sore. Now placed it above the control box handle and that worked much better for me.

The bungie hook is very good velcro and you tighten it down properly, it will not move at all on the shaft.
The bungie cord is a very easy release from the hook when you wish to lay the detector down. Easy to reconnect. The adjustment of the bungie for the height of the coil is so very one handed easy. Not cheap, but worth every penny if you need a good swing harness for a heavier detector or coil.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No sling with my Deus. It DOES make a good steadying pole or crutch if I get off balance.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i use a fisher cz21 with a chest mount for land and water
full

full

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No sling with my Deus. It DOES make a good steadying pole or crutch if I get off balance.
I am saving up for the XP Deus II. Being so light and so good in iron and the X-Y display mode are my starter reasons for wanting that puppy. Currently swinging the CTX3030 with Minelab's Pro Swing 45 harness. good harness, but not needing a harness is better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread