How many Vietnam Vets Still on this site?

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I learned very quickly when I returned after my first trip that the mention of the subject in certain circles caused a lot of issues so I would avoid answering.

I jumped straight into a community college, traveled the wrong side for a while, drugs etc. It took a long time before I cared anymore, but I made it out. Ended up with multiple degrees - I guess I'm too highly educated. I just wanted to ride out those educational benefits :)

We're here and that's all that matters!

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
I met another disabled vet at the V.A. about 3 months ago. He was in his 90's & was in the Army for over 30 years ! He was in Infantry the entire time & had fought in WWll, Korea, & Vietnam. He talked about how lucky he was . The FIRST Purple Heart he received was in Vietnam, & he was sent home , discharged as permanently disabled.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met another disabled vet at the V.A. about 3 months ago. He was in his 90's & was in the Army for over 30 years ! He was in Infantry the entire time & had fought in WWll, Korea, & Vietnam. He talked about how lucky he was . The FIRST Purple Heart he received was in Vietnam, & he was sent home , discharged as permanently disabled.

Amazing! He made it through WWII and Korea, but Viet Nam got him!! Not many WWII vets left and Korea is catching up. Viet Nam Era Vets are next!!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Amazing! He made it through WWII and Korea, but Viet Nam got him!! Not many WWII vets left and Korea is catching up. Viet Nam Era Vets are next!!

Yeah, you are right Ron. I've read some probably exaggerated claims that Viet Vets are passing more quickly than vets of WWII. I remember the people I ran into during my time - one of my language school class members was WWII, I guess he seriously needed the stability, but he lived in Panama, had a poster sized picture of his "wife" or so he claimed. She was a good mature looking woman, Oh Boy! And that's the hairiest woman I have ever seen. She even had chest hair! Brings to mind wrestling with a Beast! Certainly affected my post pubescent years!

But, anyway, got off on a tangent - guess I've always wanted to tell that story.

I was in a 47 week class, and his was only 6 weeks. And only Our Father knows whatever happened to him. Pray he had a long life!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread