OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a 2 holer...I mean, i don't know about you, but i can't pinch a loaf sitting next to my best friend, let alone a stranger!!
I grew up with a two seater and us kids loved it. Outhouses were scary places not only full of bugs but also with these enormous holes that a little kid could just about fall through. So when you used the two holer you held hands with your buddy while you went so that if someone started to fall in you could pull them back.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up with a two seater and us kids loved it. Outhouses were scary places not only full of bugs but also with these enormous holes that a little kid could just about fall through. So when you used the two holer you held hands with your buddy while you went so that if someone started to fall in you could pull them back.
Good point!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Centsless, I know it is perhaps silly, but crashbandicoot did make an interesting point about the crescent.

There was a strange family that lived up a dead end holler up the road from me growing up. My daddy told us to stay away from them. They had all kinds of weird signs and symbols hanging around their yard, including a crescent moon turned upside down. It may have just fallen that way from neglect, I can not say. People lived there but you never saw them during the day. You could hear noises from that way at night though. That place gave me the creeps. We had to go by there to a hunting place at times, and we always stepped faster.
I went by there a few years back to show my wife where I grew up. It still looked much the same but run down. And I still got a weird, creepy feeling even though no one lived there then. Like I was being watched by an unfriendly person. Just silly carry over from childhood I am sure.

Good luck digging there. Hope you find some good items. Be careful and take antibacterial soap along.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well sadly this privy was a total bust. It was very shallow. No retaining walls for it or near by. Dug 4 feet to a clay bottom. We decided to call it and walk the river next to it. Not a single keeper bottle. 8 hour day. I'm exhausted. BUT no mosquito bites, ticks or poison ivy.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well sadly this privy was a total bust. It was very shallow. No retaining walls for it or near by. Dug 4 feet to a clay bottom. We decided to call it and walk the river next to it. Not a single keeper bottle. 8 hour day. I'm exhausted. BUT no mosquito bites, ticks or poison ivy.
Thanks for the update and admire your perseverance. Hard to believe you found nothing in there. Sorry you were skunked.

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the update and admire your perseverance. Hard to believe you found nothing in there. Sorry you were skunked.
No problem and thank you traveller. You can't win them all but there is always next time.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd look around the area good for other overgrown depressions. It was common practice to dig a new privy hole close by when one got full and they usually didn't move them too far.

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd look around the area good for other overgrown depressions. It was common practice to dig a new privy hole close by when one got full and they usually didn't move them too far.
Thanks smallfoot. The place was very overgrown. Maybe we'll go back in the fall and look around for another depression.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had an outhouse on our ranch and my Uncle lost his wallet down the hole with about $800.00 to $1000.00 dolaars in it and you couldn't pay us enough to go after it. He learned a valuable lesson that day to not go to the outhouse after being paid. He was a few sheets to the wind and he still wouldn't go in after it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread