how old is everyone here?

daveycleaning

Sep 22, 2005
hey guys i was just wondering hot old everyone is because i am just getting into TH and i have found that a lot of people are older. Which is cool because of the experience but i was wondering why there is not very many younger people like me. I am 20 years old. just thought it would be interesting!

Upvote 4

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only 63 years young. Been at it since there was dirt it seems. Started with a C & G Bobcat, a TR machine. Now I do it all, and am still out every day mostly at beaches since I found that is where the most finds per hour spent comes from.
I enjoy testing the various detectors and own many as you need different kinds for different types of hunts.
Just found out there was a Metal Detecting show on the Outdoor Channel 2HD put on by Whites, and of course I can't get it. :'(

HH,
Sandman

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT/White's Prizm 5
20 - Started at 12 with a White's Coin Getter http://coingetter.8m.com/ , the CG-2. Last week I got a Garrett Ace 250 that is pretty cool.

Attachments

• ACE250.jpg
    ACE250.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 5,345

pilgrim770

Jul 25, 2005
Houston, TX.
[size=10pt]Hi, I'm a newbie as you can tell from my last post. I'm 57. This sure is a good site. I'm going to buy my first detector and I'm looking into what's out there so I don't come home with something I can't figure out. I'm looking for coins mostly, don't want to be digging up nails all day. I know some good sites to hunt. Wish I had a detector a long time ago. ???

gadget1961

Greenie
Feb 1, 2005
ga.
Detector(s) used
minelab 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
43---- bought my first detector in 83 its a whites cionmaster 5000 series 2 still have it and use it to this day , i have found more than a guy with a new one following behind him and i was digging like mad, ah he was madder when he found out his wasnt doing what it was souppose to do

Z

zilch

Hi

I am 24 and have many years of treasure hunting ahead of me

G

Golden Kiwi

23 here, been gold prosepecting for 3 Months, only just purchased a MD yesterday a Fisher 1212x.

J

joetoffton

One hell of a lot of you 'Kids' out there.
I am 84 shooting for a 100. Yes I still go " tecting"
I started with detecters in the mid 40s. The only way you got one was to build it your self.
You glued a penny on top of your right shoe and a nickel on the left. Tune the detecter
on one of them, then have a ball. Now, thinking back, we did find a lot of coins, the best part was THERE WAS NOT ONE PULL-TAB DUG AT THE END OF THE DAY. LOL

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread