how old is everyone here?

daveycleaning

Sep 22, 2005
Upvote 4

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
This section is for metal detecting and this thread suggest age limits on detecting. I didn't know that my age was important for detecting.

The section on "Everything else" seems more appropriate for your age.

My age (older then most of you) does not determine how good or lousy I am at detecting.

S

stefen

We are coming up on the fourth anniversary of this, one of the largers posts, and yet the poster has only 31 total posts...outstanding :laughing9:

Old_Tex

Aug 25, 2009
70 and going to Quartzsite this winter to find GOLD!!!! Started with a home made BFO in the 60s. Got my first computer-based detector not too long ago (minelab x70) Old_tex

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'39' of course, isn't it obvious from my picture? Have you ever seen such a beautiful, sainty looking, lovely speciman of the future Man??

Besides that, I run 20 kilometers in the morning before breakfast, do 400 situps and 300 pushups to start the day.

While I am at the computer I am constantly walking with that new fangled walking machine.

I have found and recovered a shipload of Spanish Escudos, so i never have to work again.

Anyone have a spare $400 so that I can upgrade my Radioshack T-80 computer?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Detector(s) used
Real de Tayopa said:
'39' of course, isn't it obvious from my picture? Have you ever seen such a beautiful, sainty looking, lovely speciman of the future Man??

Besides that, I run 20 kilometers in the morning before breakfast, do 400 situps and 300 pushups to start the day.

While I am at the computer I am constantly walking with that new fangled walking machine.

I have found and recovered a shipload of Spanish Escudos, so i never have to work again.

Anyone have a spare $400 so that I can upgrade my Radioshack T-80 computer?

Don Jose de La Mancha
Four hundred dollars? I'll even point you toward all the clad after I help you upgrade your detector.

I'm a few minutes shy of of being double your age. I hope you can spare some time away from your exercise to keep up with us old guys.

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Been awhile since I posted, 47 now! Physically, that is! In my mind I am still 19, and even deluded enough to picture myself that way mentally AND act likewise!! Regards, Richard

stimeygraves

Sep 18, 2009
Maryville Tennessee
Detector(s) used
whites DFX with a sun ray DX-1 probe, whites eclipse 950, 4x7 excelerator, 6x8 SEF, 10x12 SEF and 12x15 SEF coils.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never too old to metal detect :laughing9: 48

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Detector(s) used
I have been collecting social security for a long time and I still can not sit still. So stop telling me that your too old to dig and get out there and remember to fill your holes back in so I don't have to do it for you children.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Started way too late...in my early 30s...25 yrs ago.

dfg4240

Jun 26, 2008
Pittsford,NY
Detector(s) used
whites eagle Spectrum. Mxt, Silver umax, Bandido ll umax, X-terra 70, Xterra-705, fisher F5, fisher CZ-70 pro
(3)Tejons, 3-Cibola, Teknetics T2, minelab Safari. Minelab SE Pro, Fisher CZ-3d. (2)el
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relicreb said:
50 Started hunting in the 70's with my Grandfather and his old Garret.
69 years old and no aches or pains and never ever in my entire life did I get a headache.
A statement that drives my wife crazy.

Feb 24, 2004
Florida
I wish I was the same age as you- 20 is good! :-)
I'm 61 and it hurts!!!! :-\

daveycleaning said:
hey guys i was just wondering hot old everyone is because i am just getting into TH and i have found that a lot of people are older. Which is cool because of the experience but i was wondering why there is not very many younger people like me. I am 20 years old. just thought it would be interesting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread