Attachments

• IMG_1707.jpeg
    IMG_1707.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 54

Jason-ks

May 2, 2012
N.E. Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, CTX, eTrac, Explorer XS, Minelab ProFind 25, NEL Tornado Coil, NEL Snake Coil.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am sixty-four years young. My family is long lived, so, I plan to be around a while. I've been detecting since mid 1990s. I did a lot of metal detecting in historic sites that were on private properties back east. I am in Columbus, Ohio these days. My work takes me to the outdoors, so, I keep my eyes open and look for opportunities to TH, photograph, and more.

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sixty-four years young. My family is long lived, so, I plan to be around a while. I've been detecting since mid 1990s. I did a lot of metal detecting in historic sites that were on private properties back east. I am in Columbus, Ohio these days. My work takes me to the outdoors, so, I keep my eyes open and look for opportunities to TH, photograph, and more.

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am 82 yrs. old first md. in early 60s. great hobby , this led to a very valuable hard rock mine that i am working in ky. the best advice i can give is never give up. sometimes you get strings with nothing of value then suddenly there it is better than you ever though possible , now you are glad you didn t quit RGB1

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2009
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey guys i was just wondering hot old everyone is because i am just getting into TH and i have found that a lot of people are older. Which is cool because of the experience but i was wondering why there is not very many younger people like me. I am 20 years old. just thought it would be interesting!
Older than the dirt I dig🫵

Hflinger

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2020
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey guys i was just wondering hot old everyone is because i am just getting into TH and i have found that a lot of people are older. Which is cool because of the experience but i was wondering why there is not very many younger people like me. I am 20 years old. just thought it would be interesting!

johnrab54

Greenie
Feb 27, 2020
Thomasville, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Max
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
68 yrs old, started detecting 6 years ago. The club that I am in has active members from pre-teens to late 70's and possibly early 80's

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
Just turned 48 yesterday, April fools day.

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of months shy of 63. I usually detect two days a week in the woods, sometimes more. I often hike an hour in and out to my remote sites for a full 8 hour day wearing a backpack full of gear including GPS, First Aid Kit, some tools, and plenty of food and water. I also wear tall heavy boots to keep the ticks out. For me, detecting is also a means for hiking and exercise and an excuse to spend the day in the woods. Rain or shine and up to a couple of inches of snow.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
A couple of months shy of 63. I usually detect two days a week in the woods, sometimes more. I often hike an hour in and out to my remote sites for a full 8 hour day wearing a backpack full of gear including GPS, First Aid Kit, some tools, and plenty of food and water. I also wear tall heavy boots to keep the ticks out. For me, detecting is also a means for hiking and exercise and an excuse to spend the day in the woods. Rain or shine and up to a couple of inches of snow.
Good for you! You sound like you are in great shape if you can do that at 63. Don’t stop! I’m 50, still in great shape I just hope I can still enjoy the hobby, well into my 70’s. Dam ticks. The snow barely melts away here and they’re already out.

bucksport

Oct 26, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
White’s Classic ID, SL III, SL II, coinmaster classic III, Treasure Master. Land Ranger Pro, Time Ranger, Tracker IV, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will be 48 in a few days....send me gold or silver lol

Cherokee65

Mar 28, 2023
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m older than the dirt I’m digging-🤫
I used to run around with Moses?🫣
Naw, actually I’ll be 58 on April 27th🤣
I just got into MD’ing but I watched my dad do it when I was a young kid.

Garrett350@NC

Apr 18, 2023
WIlson, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350
Some get started at 15 some get started at 60 in light of finding something to do in retirement. Metal detecting has no age limitations or recommendations. Just do you!
Just like going fishing has no age ranges. When it comes down to it the only thing that matters is you are having fun

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread