How tight to wrap the coil cable?

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The main issue is no flopping cord. Small zip ties or velcro wraps help a ton!

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a note...My original coil for the ACE250 no longer works properly. I believe I messed it up by wrapping the cord too tightly. Or I may have damaged it while it wasn't hooked up to the machine. Regardless, no flopping but it's important to leave slack whether you think you'll adjust the coil or not.
OO

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if you can see this clearly or not, but this is where I used tape on my cord to prevent it from interfering with the coil.

There is enough slack in it so I can tip my coil straight up or down without straining it, but not too slack so as to cause interference.

AT Pro Tape 2.jpg

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if you can see this clearly or not, but this is where I used tape on my cord to prevent it from interfering with the coil.

There is enough slack in it so I can tip my coil straight up or down without straining it, but not too slack so as to cause interference.

View attachment 1547546

This will do... as long as when the coil pivots you see no / have no tension on wire area going into coil... this should have ZERO if possible movement.

This area where the wire enters the coil... is the "weak link".

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would actually try a little up. tad bit o slack.

You know I would have to see it in action to really be sure... but I think you follow what I am describing / saying.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...-users-found-today-thought-i-would-share.html This might help I have it for my AT MAX they also have control box cover I use when I store it or for hunting in heavy brush so as to not scratch the screen Also I usually will put 2 strips of clear tape over the screen that will keep it unscratchable. The coil wire not to tight just snug many people suggest running it up straightc from the coil for 8 inches... Happy hunting

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knock on wood I've owned AT Pro, AT Gold and now the AT Max and I'm rough with them. I never had an issue. I don't throw them or use my detector as a hammer or prybar but I don't baby it either. Every detector I've seen could do that.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Knock on wood I've owned AT Pro, AT Gold and now the AT Max and I'm rough with them. I never had an issue. I don't throw them or use my detector as a hammer or prybar but I don't baby it either. Every detector I've seen could do that.

I "might" have dropped my AT Pro off the back of my truck bed control box down once on asphault with no issues. Well other than a small heart attack. lol

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I JUST WATCHED A VIDEO OF THE NEW KRUSER... showing how DEEEP it was . yes it was A SOLID 10" OR 12" INCH MACHINE what I really wanted to know s how deeep it would have been if he did't have two big LOOPS RIGHT ABOVE THE COIL...If your going to make a video showing how GOOD THE DETECTOR IS at least get SOMEBODY that knows what they are doing...
'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread