Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe it's like the postal union I quit. Sign up is easy 24/7 365, quitting is another story. Certain 10 days of the year you can quit via Certified Mail. Just stop posting if you must.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know how to delete a TNET account? Mods - can you please put me in a permanent timeout or something? I've checked account settings, and they don't make it easy to leave this place.... please advise...
Would you care to elaborate as to why you feel this way ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know how to delete a TNET account? Mods - can you please put me in a permanent timeout or something? I've checked account settings, and they don't make it easy to leave this place.... please advise...
We do not delete accounts, it screws up threads, if you wish to quit just log out and don't log back in. Also new username is denied.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, we do not delete accounts, it screws up to many threads and puts holes in other threads, if you wish to quit just log out and don't log back in.

You have posted 3 times in the last year and one is your request to quit, what is the issue, maybe a mod can help you.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best I can estimate is he wishes to erase as much of his online footprint as possible. This I can understand.

If that is in fact the case I would suggest editing the personal info to nonsense to break the chain of info.
Posts can only be edited for first 10 days after posting then editing is locked. Mods will always delete personal info such as phone numbers, names, addresses, etc, if we are given hot links to the posts containing them but we do not delete accounts or wholesale delete posts and threads.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posts can only be edited for first 10 days after posting then editing is locked. Mods will always delete personal info such as phone numbers, names, addresses, etc, if we are given hot links to the posts containing them but we do not delete accounts or wholesale delete posts and threads.
I understand that. If the concern is any personal info would be in the persons page profile.

Data companies use web crawlers to gather Information around the net and compile it to build profile for each of us. The profiles are built and sold to anyone willing to pay for it.

If you were to edit your profiles on pages like this to reflect nonsensical information the data company’s can’t use it helps limit the ability for that profile to be compiled.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just an idea....Maybe posting in such a manner that's 'strictly against site rules' will delete your account permanently .

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just an idea....Maybe posting in such a manner that's 'strictly against site rules' will delete your account permanently .
Like get a permanent "banned" sticker?
One can browse but never contribute.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand that. If the concern is any personal info would be in the persons page profile.

Data companies use web crawlers to gather Information around the net and compile it to build profile for each of us. The profiles are built and sold to anyone willing to pay for it.

If you were to edit your profiles on pages like this to reflect nonsensical information the data company’s can’t use it helps limit the ability for that profile to be compiled.
A member's profile information can be changed at any time, it is not locked.

Being banned does not delete a member's account, it just blocks them from being able to post, they can still read.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We do not delete accounts, it screws up threads, if you wish to quit just log out and don't log back in. Also new username is denied.
“New user name is denied” that probably ought to have been a private message. But since it was shared here, what are the policies here about starting fresh with a new user name? I could see a problem if someone was trying to subvert the rules.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“New user name is denied” that probably ought to have been a private message. But since it was shared here, what are the policies here about starting fresh with a new user name? I could see a problem if someone was trying to subvert the rules.
He knows why it was declined. The site records every IP used and tells when they are multiple users. We also have other methods but I will not reveal them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread