how to find a shipwreck

Magoopeter

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
underwater
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Am new to treasure hunting .. with limited funds what i seen of drones they are limited to about 200 meters depth .. How would one go about finding a 600 foot long steel ship in say 200 to 1000 meters of water ???

Get yourself a mag, the guy that wrote the book and the programme, Pete Holt, best in world when it comes to surveying with a mag pure genius.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/viewer.html?pdfurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.3hconsulting.com%2FDownloads%2FMagnetometerProcessing.pdf&clen=2928907&chunk=true

600 feet big target,

Last edited:

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If you are new to treasure hunting and are going after wrecks in thousands of feet of water you really need expert help on site, otherwise if you are funding it yourself big mistakes through lack of experience will really cost you lots of money.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If you are new to treasure hunting and are going after wrecks in thousands of feet of water you really need expert help on site, otherwise if you are funding it yourself big mistakes through lack of experience will really cost you lots of money.

Spot on advice, Kev!

IMF2020, it sounds like you're going after World War wrecks with rumors of treasure. Make sure your info is accurate. The old saying is true - a dollar spent on good research saves thousands in the field.

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
Am only a small time pinay but thanks for the ideas

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If you are small time, look for wrecks very shallow, learn what doesn't look natural on the seabed and work those sites, get a friend to tow you up and down the reef using a mask and snorkel. Always remember nature never does straight lines or perfect symmetry.

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a question in the general discussion that u might be able to answer SADS 669 it about a beach thats eroded ..thank u

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
Is it possible a large steel ship sank in 200' to 600' of water and nobody knows ..In my dads notes i found that a ship am guessing 300 foot long was lost in 200' of water for over 20 years it sank in 1987 i find this hard to believe but as the says goes only in the philippines

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
May be someone here knows ?? I had a idea does a Naval WW2 dog tag tell what unit , fleet or ship ..I think my dad friend might have some naval dog tags ...Another question if a large ship sank say a mile out to sea would it be safe to say 1/4 to 1/3 would make it to land just a guess ..The stories of the many ships going down due to weather your chances are less then 5% few people know how to swim here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions