Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Pro. IM 45 coil.
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Since I started this gold prospecting hobby I've been on many river or creeks but just one of them makes me want to go more even if is not very close to my home town.
The nuggets found there have irregularly shapes, not rounded and plate as from other rivers.
Some nearby residents claim there is a gold vein that in the past was exploied by austro-hungarian empire but not completly.
Can it be that the irregularly shapes are a evidence of gold vein beeing close?
How can be located a gold vein more precisely?
I attach some shapes of the gold nuggets.

Attachments

• Fri Aug 05 19-06-32.jpg
    Fri Aug 05 19-06-32.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG-20220820-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220820-WA0000.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Sun Aug 21 11-38-11.jpg
    Sun Aug 21 11-38-11.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 35
Upvote 5

pulltaboo

Jul 29, 2022
North GA
Can it be that the irregularly shapes are a evidence of gold vein beeing close?
Gold nuggets that don't look "tumbled" are usually the ones that just recently left their host rock… or haven't been disturbed since they've weathered out of it. Former is usually the case in creeks and rivers, so there's a high probability that the vein is near.
How can be located a gold vein more precisely?
Nuggets don't swim upstream, so go up that creek till you stop finding any…

OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold nuggets that don't look "tumbled" are usually the ones that just recently left their host rock… or haven't been disturbed since they've weathered out of it. Former is usually the case in creeks and rivers, so there's a high probability that the vein is near.

Nuggets don't swim upstream, so go up that creek till you stop finding any…
"Nuggets don't swim upstream, so go up that creek till you stop finding any…"
Yes, I did that and I assume the area from where is digged out by the water.
I digged around the big rocks there and on every shivel of material had some pieces of gold.
Wondering if something more can be done ? Should I think to find someone with a good detector (PI or VLF)?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also i MIGHT ADD do not SHOW ANYONE what you are finding. PEOPLE will track you where you go ;

C&SDiggers

Jun 29, 2022
I digged around the big rocks there and on every shivel of material had some pieces of gold.
Wondering if something more can be done ? Should I think to find someone with a good detector (PI or VLF)?
Id say its time to look into a small sluice operation if your getting gold every shovel load!! I have zero knowledge on prospecting but I would think a sluice or a bigger panning operation would yield more gold than a detector??

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 14 years ago we had a drought. Water level was about 6 feet below normal so I did some scouting around on the lake shoreline (with the Falcon MD-20). Came across some interesting places that set it off.
2008_11230493.JPG
2008_11230499.JPG
2008_11230498.JPG
2008_11230501.JPG
077.JPG
Dug them out and brought home to crush & pan em. And sure enough, :icon_thumright:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you can still find gold at locations upstream from that point then that is not the, or only, source.
Side hill and drainages on them would be places worthy of prospecting. Look for "float", pieces of quartz that continue uphill...could lead to vein(s). While you are at it, look for elevated benches-ancient stream beds as another source for placer gold.

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id say its time to look into a small sluice operation if your getting gold every shovel load!! I have zero knowledge on prospecting but I would think a sluice or a bigger panning operation would yield more gold than a detector??
Maybe a high banker needs to be tried there 😬.
I will try to get my hands on one if possible.

OP
OP
C

Cristian-Marius

Oct 26, 2019
Romania
Detector(s) used
GDI Spectra Long Range.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 14 years ago we had a drought. Water level was about 6 feet below normal so I did some scouting around on the lake shoreline (with the Falcon MD-20). Came across some interesting places that set it off. View attachment 2042926 View attachment 2042927 View attachment 2042928 View attachment 2042929 View attachment 2042930 Dug them out and brought home to crush & pan em. And sure enough, :icon_thumright:
I've looked for quartz rocks in the river bed. Very very few compared to other rivers.
One small piece of gold was a mix of dark red material surrounded by gold...

Last edited:
Reactions: RTR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread