winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lake Combie sediment removal Report 2020
>post from Richard Engstrand
Those of you who followed the pilot project to remove mercury at Combie reservoir, might want to read/scan this update.
Some things I take away,
1. - They originally planned to remove 70,000 cubic yards of sediment, this update only covers 48,000 cu. yds.
2. - Total cost of this "new" phase is about 4 million, added on to the 5-6 million already spent.
3. - Yep, their suction dredge centrifuge costs WAY more to process sediment than "working in the dry"
4. - They claim they got 37 lbs of mercury, which is about 30 lbs more than i thought they'd recover.
I gave up reading, so I don't know if they're gonna continue or not.
They originally stated that gold recovery would almost offset the whole cost of the project.
But on page 70, they show an avg. price of $.47 per ton of gold actually recovered
Whichever..if they take this operation to the 100 plus other "mercury impaired reservoirs" in the state, it'll definitely cost BILLIONS...........

lots if Photos of mining equipment we use to mine gold also
warning: large file, 2307 pages
https://nidwater.specialdistrict.or...voir+Sediment+and+Mercury+Removal+Project.pdf

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn’t that sound like a government funded program? Costs more than it should, leaves 99% of the gold “untouched”... more like unrecorded. But hey someone spent $100,000 writing a 2300 page article about it.

I live in the land of nearly no gold and I can tell you my yields are better than .47 a ton.

Attachments

• 75C68EB3-3A68-4C42-B40C-C86D7C335730.jpeg
    75C68EB3-3A68-4C42-B40C-C86D7C335730.jpeg
    14.3 KB · Views: 219

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
37 pounds of mercury for 6 million dollars? That's less than half a flask of mercury.

To give you an idea of just how much mercury California paid 6 million dollars for visualize two one quart bottles of mercury - one of them less than half full. :BangHead:

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, this is what turned my stomach enough to make me move out of California after 10 generations of family gold mining history there. Their bureaucratic, environazi bs, destroyed what was left of that state with this anti-mining smoke screen...

20210430_091211.jpg

The Combie rip off was the last straw for me.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started reading it. Basically, the home owners started complaining about the lake being dredged every year, it interrupted their boating and peace and quiet of their private lake. So NID was forced to stop dredging it every year and keeping it sediment free. The sediment built up, the complainers boat ramps and docks were isolated and the sediment took away their safe water skiing while dry docking many of the boat docks. Follow the money as usual... the same people who stopped it from being cleaned out every year are the the same people who started whining after it filled up with sediment...
I fought the fight, went to the meetings, met with the state representatives and got shot down. The money tree grows big in this lake and the homeowners got their wishes again. First they stopped the dredging, then they started it for their own benefit. You can read about it all right here, it ended dredging for the rest of us in that state... -

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/d...y-removal-project-crosses-another-hurdle.html

I wasted a lot of time fighting for our mining rights in California, but it didn't feel like a waste then, it had to be done. The amount of money spent by all of us, just to be shot down by California government mismanagement is staggering.
Old news but still. I DO LOVE ARIZONA!

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
That's our so called "Representative's " doing their best to line "their pockets" ! YEP Gubermint at their finest ! And the sad part of it being that "We the People voted them in and keep doing it !:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions