Etrac, F2, F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course, take it apart for shipping! Unless the problem is with the battery, don't send it. They have batteries on their test benches.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strip it to the bare bone and save as much weight and size as possible. I had to ship my CTX in and due to the size of the main housing, it ran me $48 to ship it.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't know which component is bad, you may need to ship everything. Ask the repair center what they want you to send. Keep in mind that shipping Li-ion and Li-polymer batteries have restrictions. Read the rules on shipping them. Disassemble it as best you can. You shouldn't need to ship the shafts, so, you should be able to fit it into a decent size box. That's why I like to keep the original box.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is it doing?

OP
OP
T

Timebandit

Apr 9, 2018
Plymouth, WI
Detector(s) used
Etrac, F2, F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry, I didn’t see your question til just now. I have very faint sounds in my headphones. I unplugged for a moment to talk to my nephew and when I plugged back in....no sound. I tested the headphones in another machine and they work fine.

OP
OP
T

Timebandit

Apr 9, 2018
Plymouth, WI
Detector(s) used
Etrac, F2, F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all of the replies. I hope my rma number is good for awhile because I’m heading for Tennessee in 2 weeks and I plan to send it in after I return.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They will want your coil also. I would only ship my detector using FedEx. Bad experiences with the other shippers.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I didn’t see your question til just now. I have very faint sounds in my headphones. I unplugged for a moment to talk to my nephew and when I plugged back in....no sound. I tested the headphones in another machine and they work fine.

Sounds like either hp jack is bad or headphones are bad. All you need to ship is the upper handle with the controls and your headphones, they have battery and coil to test with already.You can always get new RMA pu f needed.

Did you try different set of headphones? Does external speaker work fine?

OP
OP
T

Timebandit

Apr 9, 2018
Plymouth, WI
Detector(s) used
Etrac, F2, F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried another set of hp but still nothing. The external speaker works fine but it sure is a struggle listening for the high chirps without my headphones. Thanks again TH, I’ll send just the handle with the screen on it.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like either hp jack is bad or headphones are bad. All you need to ship is the upper handle with the controls and your headphones, they have battery and coil to test with already.You can always get new RMA pu f needed.

Did you try different set of headphones? Does external speaker work fine?

TH I was not aware that you were connected to the new repair center? I know you had an inside contact with Kellyco but am sure that this new repair center is doing things a bit differently, at least I hope so. Please make sure that you are giving the original poster the correct information.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH I was not aware that you were connected to the new repair center? I know you had an inside contact with Kellyco but am sure that this new repair center is doing things a bit differently, at least I hope so. Please make sure that you are giving the original poster the correct information.

I not only have inside contacts with Kellyco, but also with Minelab. The problem is headphone jack, no need to pay shipping costs to ship lower shaft, coil or battery to and from repair center, it has nothing to do with failure issue.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So very nice of TH to diagnose the machine over the internet but personally I would let the repair center do a hands on diagnosis. I would contact the repair center and have THEM tell me what I need to send or not send rather than some guy on the internet that knows a guy who knows a guy type thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread