How would you rate the CZ-3D to the AT Pro?

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just looked on ebay theres 18 of them around $807-900

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like hearing the praises on the 3D. I'm giving up my Deus to get one. This will be my first high end Fisher and am actually looking more forward to this machine than any others I've had in the past.

Already giving up the Deus? Come on Fella you hated the AT Pro at first and now it's the best thing since sliced bread.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhhhh yup true true

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure thing!!!! No malice intended. I was just wondering if it was strictly the audio that was a deal breaker. Good day

Last edited:

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
CZ-3D is better for me in wet sand salt beach work.

AT-Pro with small DD coil is better for me when gold hunting on hot ground and when in waterholes and rivers at our gold fields and it can GB there.

For general coin/jewellery/relic hunting dry sand beaches and parks, both can do well.

AT-Pro have larger coil choice, including some excellent after market ones.

ivanll

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure thing!!!! No malice intended. I was just wondering if it was strictly the audio that was a deal breaker. Good day

Yeah my bad! I'm a little testy about it for sure. I have had some quality issues with parts not working (coil & strap for the headset). To be fair I was taken care of in short fashion with great customer support. But the audio was pretty much the deal breaker for me. All the tones (to me) sound chopped and buzzy. Even good targets sound like trash (again to me). I spent literally hours in my driveway playing with tones on an assortment of good/bad targets and I just wasn't gettin it. I had it a month, it was the only machine I used in that time (took the F4 & ATP once each), it just one of those tectors that wasn't for me.

Looking forward to the 3D though for sure!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the CZ3D is so good, why would they discontinue it? The sales should be good on it. Is the F series killing the CZs?

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If the CZ3D is so good, why would they discontinue it? The sales should be good on it. Is the F series killing the CZs?

I would say it is because most users now don't want a detector that has been on the market for a long period of time as with the CZ series. They want up to date detectors. It almost looks obsolete compared to most of todays machines. However, with that being said, it is probably underestimated and can hold its own against most newer machines. Most would want a fancy looking digital screen over an old fashioned analog meter. Still, I prefer my CZ over a newer digital detector. That's just me.

rws51

May 12, 2009
I have read that the CZ's are labor intensive to manufacture...like 20 some settings to be made on them. I'm sure the digital fishers are easier to manufacture and have a higher profit margin than the CZ's.
The CZ's are some of the deepest detectors I have ever owned. My favorite one is the analog CZ5.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have read that the CZ's are labor intensive to manufacture...like 20 some settings to be made on them. I'm sure the digital fishers are easier to manufacture and have a higher profit margin than the CZ's. The CZ's are some of the deepest detectors I have ever owned. My favorite one is the analog CZ5.

I have the CZ 6a and love it.

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
In case nobody knows which frequency is the all-around best, here is the absolute scientific answer to that question. 6 Khz is not ideal, nor is 15 Khz, but the circuitry can be managed to make even those do fairly well anyway. 10 Khz is right in the middle and does a bit better on small gold than 6Khz, and that's why Tesoro prefers it: Enjoy, that's what we old guys are here for, to help the younger ones; FreqvsCoin-4.jpg FreqvsCoin-4.jpg

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thing with my highend machines in the arsenal im able to go threw them & choose my frequency ( deus xp,spectra v3i)

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a reminder..

Attachments

• FreqvsCoin-4.jpg
    FreqvsCoin-4.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a video that may help you decide

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That video is a joke! I have no doubt that the CZ is deeper but the comparison is unfair...First off...where did he get that coil from that is on the ATP...it is definately not the big DD coil that came on it and secondly, he is running the ATP with half battery. I a can assure you that depth starts to drop significantly at half battery on the ATP. I wont hunt old sites with deep targets with batteries that low. I thought that i had hunted a small field out with half battery life...went back with new batteries and dug 10 more targets(bullets, small buckle, token) all over 8 inches......Just sayin!

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That video is a joke! I have no doubt that the CZ is deeper but the comparison is unfair...First off...where did he get that coil from that is on the ATP...it is definately not the big DD coil that came on it and secondly, he is running the ATP with half battery. I a can assure you that depth starts to drop significantly at half battery on the ATP. I wont hunt old sites with deep targets with batteries that low. I thought that i had hunted a small field out with half battery life...went back with new batteries and dug 10 more targets(bullets, small buckle, token) all over 8 inches......Just sayin!

But the small coil also makes the machine more equally matched, and if you say that the depth drops so much if the battery is at half, then that's just another big annoyance to deal with.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know how the Atpro performs with a concentric coil?? Thant is the first time i have ever seen one on the machine. The test should have been done with stock coils and full batteries in both. I have seen several of this guys videos and he seems to be one of the ATpro haters. That also may be one of the early machines that have given the atp a bad rep.. The cz3d seems to be a great machine and i am seriously considering purchasing one or the Tejon; but i know the atp is a hard machine to beat for the money and i really hate to see it trashed. And a big "ANNOYANCE" for me is trying to keep a machine dry if it starts raining....

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't really see what the big woop about the ATP's coil is. Its BIGGER than the stock DD. The ONLY thing that may make a difference is if its on a salt beach where the DD should perform better. However, with the grass & metal structure standing there, I have my doubts it's a salt beach. Looks more like playground sand.
I"ll weigh in on the battery power too. NOT gunna make a difference in that environment. I'll get 8" coins in WAY more difficult dirt than that with 5x8 coil and only 2 bars on my batt meter. I NEVER change em be before they get down to one bar and NEVER feel I'm missing out. (on alkaline batts)

I'm a HUGE fan of the ATP. Works great in every environment I've had it in and still my all around favorite detector. However, the depth of the CZ-3D is wicked impressive. Easily deeper than the H̶e̶y̶ ̶K̶o̶o̶l̶ ̶A̶i̶d̶ ETrac, VX3 and even Deus I had and with it high toning on all coins makes it a really fun machine to use.

Side note on the CZ-3D: I'm pretty sure I mentioned it before but the ability to pick nickels out of the pull tabs is quite nice. I always thought the ATP was "THEE" nickel magnet but the CZ-3D is even better. Wanna up your nickel count without digging a billion tabs? This Fisher is it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread