How would you stop CRIME ?

Gare

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus's have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A DECENT PERSON DOES NOT TAKE WHAT BELONGS TO SOMEONE ELSE
AND
IF HE DOES THEY DESERVES TO BE STRUNG UP AND LEFT FOR THE FLIES
AND COYOTES

AOh14GiuuXCMUErYZvIVWDOuTVraVHlCalYiAksEcu1b7Q=s40-p

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AND
AND COYOTES

Yep..punishment is due, but hanging a thief is a bit much..
behead.gif

Punishment needs to fit the crime, BUT, they need to serve the
sentence, instead of just being put back on the street to commit more
crime.

If we need to build more prisons, then let's build 'em, right along with
long-term rehab centers. If even 50% of the addicts got clean, that's
more people added back to living productive lives instead of stealing
to support a drug habit.

2617.gif
2617.gif
2617.gif
2617.gif
2617.gif
2617.gif
2617.gif
2617.gif

OP
Gare

Gare

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus's have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dizzy I want crime to stop not SLOW DOWN !!!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep..punishment is due, but hanging a thief is a bit much.. View attachment 2032786

Punishment needs to fit the crime, BUT, they need to serve the
sentence, instead of just being put back on the street to commit more
crime.

If we need to build more prisons, then let's build 'em, right along with
long-term rehab centers. If even 50% of the addicts got clean, that's
more people added back to living productive lives instead of stealing
to support a drug habit.

View attachment 2032785 View attachment 2032785 View attachment 2032785 View attachment 2032785 View attachment 2032785 View attachment 2032785 View attachment 2032785 View attachment 2032785
Murder is a Capital crime - and death sentence fits the crime - certainly a deterrent, right?

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the late 70's I had a business, along with it was a store. A women came in with a little( about 4) boy who was crying, had a candy bar in hand. He had stolen it, and was made to give it back to me. Then she began to whoop his ass in front of me and other customers.
The whooping he got reminded me of some I got as a kid. Pain is a reminder NOT to do that again.
I ran Bluetick hounds for years. When one would screw up and run a "wrong" track, it would get a whooping, and probably NOT run that kinda track again. Pain is a reminder.
Today if you gave a kid or a dog a whooping, YOU would probably go to jail.
The pain I got as a kid was and will always be a reminder.
Society has given bad habits to kids and dogs with no repercussion, except to the parents. "Bout it for Me.
Maybe a shock collar on kids would work?! Wouldn't hurt my hands either.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I’d have a police force that would actively enforce every law that’s on the books and get prosecutors that want to see things through all the way. The public and the elected officials need to support the PD, not the criminals. Too much pandering going on to those that vote for a living.

It’s tough to not get political, but look at the places where the crime is spiking and see who’s running the show in those areas.

It’s gonna get worse before it gets better.

newnan man

Silver Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not much of a deterrent today for criminals. Police kill a POS & their lives & careers are ruined. Murder someone and even if you get the death penalty it's decades before they may finally put the mad dog down. People will protest at the prison when the execution is taking place. Then they'll protest for a woman to abort an innocent child whose only crime is being unfortunate enough to be conceived by someone so heartless. If I've stepped on some toes I really don't give a $hit.

Zakon Krzyżacki

May 25, 2022
AND
AND COYOTES

AOh14GiuuXCMUErYZvIVWDOuTVraVHlCalYiAksEcu1b7Q=s40-p
Talk about the kettle calling the pot black!
Back at the end of may you gave your response to me in the Uvalde, Texas thread when I asked Treasure_Hunter if the 2A watchdog forum would return.
You said that you joined TNet to metal detect and find stuff and that you believe that the admins don't want fighting.

Yet here you are talking about theft and stringing folks up!

TreasureNet IS a family friendly forum and younger people use these forums.
I think you should delete this thread as this content, including your statement should not be on the open forum!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the late 70's I had a business, along with it was a store. A women came in with a little( about 4) boy who was crying, had a candy bar in hand. He had stolen it, and was made to give it back to me. Then she began to whoop his ass in front of me and other customers.
The whooping he got reminded me of some I got as a kid. Pain is a reminder NOT to do that again.
I ran Bluetick hounds for years. When one would screw up and run a "wrong" track, it would get a whooping, and probably NOT run that kinda track again. Pain is a reminder.
Today if you gave a kid or a dog a whooping, YOU would probably go to jail.
The pain I got as a kid was and will always be a reminder.
Society has given bad habits to kids and dogs with no repercussion, except to the parents. "Bout it for Me.
Maybe a shock collar on kids would work?! Wouldn't hurt my hands either.
My Mom whooped my butt if I did something wrong and I learned right from wrong and she was a single parent and the whole town kept an eye out on all of us kids that were growing up in town. Also I trained my bird dog with a training device some would think Barbaric but it was a simulated bird that was wrapped in barbed wire to give him a soft mouth when retrieving birds I would throw it out and he would retrieve it and he learned to pick it up carefully when he retrieved it because he knew there was a consequence if he did it wrong, pain and punishment equals a society or a dog learning the acceptable way to act. In todays society there is no punishment for crimes, so criminals do not learn that there is a consequence to thier actions and the enforcers are punished for trying to enforce the law. A change in the upper echelons of Government needs to be achieved so laws can change to support the cops and judges so punishment can be doled out as needed.

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back at the end of may you gave your response to me in the Uvalde, Texas thread when I asked Treasure_Hunter if the 2A watchdog forum would return.
You said that you joined TNet to metal detect and find stuff and that you believe that the admins don't want fighting.

I think you should delete this thread as this content, including your statement should not be on the open forum!
Maybe the "younger" people will learn a lesson in life.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dizzy I want crime to stop not SLOW DOWN !!!

I want crime to stop, as well, but we also have to be realistic. There has
always been crime, as so long as mankind lives, there will be some
level of crime.

Murder is a Capital crime - and death sentence fits the crime - certainly a deterrent, right?

Agreed. Murderers....if they get a fair trial, and are convicted..then off with their heads...
behead.gif

The last 60 years have been a failed social experiment; society needs
to recognize this, and begin putting some boundaries back on social behavior.

They can start with enforcing curfew and truancy laws, and giving
young people firm boundaries, and sufficient penalties for crossing
them that they won't soon forget.

The sooner we start raising children properly the sooner all this crime
will be drastically reduced. JMHO

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you don't realize is crime is now inherent to the system. You can't own anything anymore without someone taking something from you in return- own a house, you pay property tax, make a dollar - pay income tax, are these not forms of theft? Just because the people taking it from you claim to represent you, you think it's okay? Even homeless people, when they spend the money they scrounge for in the gutter buy a candy bar they pay tax on that candy bar, the government litterally stealing from the most helpless in society. And where does this stolen money go? Well you already know that answer - into the pockets of those who took it from you, or worse yet the pockets of people they hire to oppress you and shake you down even more.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Your right. Protect children from understand what’s right and wrong. Christ.

God forbid a kid understands that people just may hold them accountable…….

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“In the last analysis the welfare of the State depends absolutely upon whether or not the average family, the average man and woman and their children, represent the kind of citizenship fit for the foundation of a great nation; and if we fail to appreciate this we fail to appreciate the root morality upon which all healthy civilization is based.”
Theodore Roosevelt

boogeyman

Silver Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'd think. Only problem is they get to live 20 or 30 more years till all their appeals run out .

OP
Gare

Gare

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even on Treasurenet - there are thieves....

First hand experience........
Deepseeker I have to go along with you on the even on Treasurenet there are thieves . All tho they try and weed them out

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

We Dig Metal Detectors