huge bottle dump first hole

DanTheNewbie

Apr 19, 2012
Central connecticut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20140525_153007.png

Nothing great except for the mason jar might be rare its possibly a ball mason jar circa 1880-1895 .. Theres a ballmasonjar forum and they were looking for anyone with pictures of. A masons patent 1858 with base mark 1833.

I found this at the bottom of where i am now and with a proding pole it feeks like the dump is a few feet deeper so hoping the age of the bottles gets older ..

Top layer 0-1feet depth 20-30s
And at 3 feet late 1800s early 1900

Theres just so many its ridiculous, i have a second hole i started i dont even need a shovel i just reach in and pull bottles out one after another lmao. Im hoping to get some pontils and nicely embossed therrs a gotta be a few out here

Last edited:
Upvote 1

alderan33

Oct 15, 2010
Greenville, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I
Garrett Pro Pointer
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man, I'm jealous!!! Keep us posted. I wanna know what the bottom yields. Great saves.

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find hope you get the oldies!

OP
OP
DanTheNewbie

DanTheNewbie

Apr 19, 2012
Central connecticut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I moved 15 feet away from where i was tons of bottkes but alot of junk.. Got a cool cork top "star water" "miracle of the wash" bottle. Looks like a beer bottle kinda funny.. Lol and a old milk jug' about 20 plain jane mason jars and pickle jars.. And for everyone not into glass ill post a pic of the old school tin thermas i found detecting the outskirts of the dump

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread