HUGE BUCKET LISTER FOR THIS SOUTHERN BOY!!!!!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn’t think it was possible in my five years of doing this hobby I have found a lot of things And for me reales we’re down south because I have found many reales 2 8 reales to capped half dimes even a Guatemalan 1/4 real. And I see through people’s posts and videos that the large cent must’ve not of been down here because I haven’t found one LOL. I know many people find many of them but for me this was a HUGE personal bucket lister. I’ve been going through some personal problems and it seem like the light hasn’t been too bright but I made myself get out of bed and drive an hour to get to my spot I’m on the way I asked God if he would shine a light on me today at least once well I’ll be damn if he didn’t do it. I got out there and I found a War nickel but I found another War nickel Nothing really that gets me excited so I decided to not dig anything that isn’t hitting in every direction I passed on a lot and this particular signal was the same except a dug it. At first I thought it was going to be a 2 Cent which believe it or not would have excited me as much as the LC well the reason why it was only ringing one way was unfortunately a large piece of iron. Under the under the jewelry scope there’s so much definition and a lot of meat on this cent unfortunately the rust corroded it. Through every angle and sunlight I feel pretty sure to say 1838 Matron Head Large Cent.

Any cleaning tips from you guys other than soaking in a little olive oil please feel free to let me know. And without further ado my bucket list IMG_0666.jpg
IMG_0661.jpg
IMG_0660.jpg
IMG_0663.jpg
IMG_0659.jpg
IMG_0659.jpg

Upvote 45

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Truth! Thanks for sharing.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! There should be more around considering what you have been digging.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She is a beauty, you rescued her and now she will be loved ......and that I am SURE! Well done :thumbsup:

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the LC Truth! Sorry to hear you're going through tough times. Look forward to your posts, you always find good stuff.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Huge Congratulations to you! I know the feeling. It will always remain a thrill for me to find a Large Cent! :thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the coppers, nothing like getting a first.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! There should be more around considering what you have been digging.

Yes smoky I found it within 10 feet of where I got my 1809 8 reales Which makes that 20 feet from the 8 pound cannon ball. I’m a get a good nights sleep and scrub that whole area I’m just wondering should I use the small coil the stock coil or the big coil or use the big coil today. Everything I found is been with the big coil but there is lots of big iron all over.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the LC Truth! Sorry to hear you're going through tough times. Look forward to your posts, you always find good stuff.

Mean Gene I appreciate that when you don’t see me post that does it mean I didn’t go swinging it means I came up with nothing. I got lucky again the harder I work the luckier I get

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the coppers, nothing like getting a first.

It takes a little while to sink in that’s something you thought about for years now. And this is a common coin that people get all the time In Massachusetts etc.I thought we just spent silver down here lol

Last edited:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing like the feeling of knocking one off the bucket list- Congrats!

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Truth! I have always felt the same way. There must not have been many spent around here. I've only found one and it's Canadian.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Truth .

I know the feeling 'being down and out ' as I been that way for well over a year but "think I can see the light at the. end of the tunnel..

Great Job on the LC , I've never found 1 ( other than a UFO disk shaped one that was made into a button ) only in the right light could I see where the Matron Head had been struck on the highest point on the "button " .

Like you I still have not lost my faith & know the Lord has a plan for my & your future lives .

I got invited on a hunt today from a cool guy on FB in a CW area ; I'm a good bit nervous but think it will go well even if I find nothing . Ill update as fast as I can .

Hang in there ...again I know the feeling 'Depression Sux !!!' .

Well I'd better get ready & hey If I happen across a LC , ??? Hmmmmm ?

As for cleaning , Cook it maybe ? You have time to figure it out tho .

GD Brother

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boom baby!!!!!!! Glad to see it you deserve it my friend. Keep it up theres lots more out there but days like that give you a definate jolt to the attitude...Sweeeeeeeeeeeet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread